Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Self Adhesive Vinyl Large Print Logos

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
wildwest450
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You can also use a mixture of water and alcohol (rubbing). But don't be suprised if it eventually peels off. Any sort of a textured surface won't always work well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #12
Germey

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hairspray will let it slide around until it dries, then act as a glue (but you better be sure you want it where it is when it dries)

Old 08-16-2008, 02:02 AM   #13
DutchK9
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Have you thought of getting a large sheet of magnetic material so you can move it later if you want?

Old 08-16-2008, 03:40 AM   #14
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

First, the design and sign/logo look great!!!

Second, do not apply that thing onto a wet surface. Think putting a bandaid onto yourself when you get out of the tub, not a good plan! Not saying it hasn't worked for others, but there are many grades and manufacturers of adhesive vinyl and not all the adhesives are going to be the same. +1 for cleaning it with alcohol or mild soap and vinegar. You're looking to remove any oils, from hand prints etc. We actually peal back about 2" of the backing (crease it and fold it down), align the decal where it goes, press down on the 2" area affixing it in place. As you apply the decal use the hardest smoothest thing you can find to apply pressure and smooth it as you go, start at the top and apply it downward/toward you.

Third, the best thing to order when ordering an adhesive vinyl material to apply to a metal surface, kegerator etc., is vehicle graphics. Any large format printer will offer this, well except for the el cheapo sign shops. The company I work for, www.imageonestudios.com, uses 3M vehicle vinyl it's the best there is.

Fourth, your charge was $6.50 per sq. ft. That's a decent price. It's about what we get. Anyone interested can upload images at our website, listed above, or email me at phillip@imageonestudios.com for further info. We usually charge design time by the hour, but since HBT has been so amazing too me, I'll help my brothers out for free! No it's not my company I'm just trying to help out with anyone that might not know what they want etc.

Fifth, check the "Brewery Magnet" thread for my notes on really inexpensive options for having a Brewery Sign made to hang on the wall.

Not trying to hijack the thread and you've probably gotten alot of what I posted figured out! HBT's given me so much just trying to pay it back by helping my fellow HBTers with something I know alot about.... y'all help me with brewing I help y'all with graphics!

I'm off to bottle my Sloppy Drunk Mild.
Schlante,
Phillip

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Old 08-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I looked for a magnet option but either didn't find an affordable option or didn't find a place that would do it in the size necessary.

I was going to put this thing on today and now have differing opinions...soapy water vs. nothing wet...hmm....i think ill cut some of the extra vinyl around the logo off and practice with that.

On Tap: Blonde Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Amber Ale, Irish Red
Bottled: Porter, Wheat, Barleywine, Cranberry Apfelwein, Amber Ale
Buy Bugeater Brewery Gear

Old 08-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #16
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Vinyl sticker on Keezer

The sticker went on with ease. I did not use the soapy water procedure. I cut a small piece of the sticker outside of the logo and tested it. It laid on very nice and I used a dough knife to slowly 'scrap' the label onto the keezer as I pulled away the backing. Didnt even need an extra pair of hands. Couldnt be easier. I did prep the surface by cleaning with soapy water and then a rub with some alcohol. An hour later and it hasnt curled or moved. Looks like it will hold just fine.

On Tap: Blonde Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Amber Ale, Irish Red
Bottled: Porter, Wheat, Barleywine, Cranberry Apfelwein, Amber Ale
Buy Bugeater Brewery Gear

Old 08-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #17
Atl300zx
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

looks great.

Bottles: Triple Berry Apple Cider, Cote Apple Cider, Wild Blackberry Apple Cider, Dim Wit II, Mighty Porter
Kegs: 4Cs IPA - The Diamond Standard, Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Clone.
On Deck: The "Three Stouts", Wild Blackberry Mead, Irish Red

Jaded Spirits DIY Stirplate
Blog @ JadedSpirits.com
Blog @ HBT

Old 08-22-2008, 03:07 AM   #18
DutchK9
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looks very nice. Glad it all worked out.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:00 AM   #19
TJ-Bill
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
First, the design and sign/logo look great!!!

Second, do not apply that thing onto a wet surface. Think putting a bandaid onto yourself when you get out of the tub, not a good plan! Not saying it hasn't worked for others, but there are many grades and manufacturers of adhesive vinyl and not all the adhesives are going to be the same. +1 for cleaning it with alcohol or mild soap and vinegar. You're looking to remove any oils, from hand prints etc. We actually peal back about 2" of the backing (crease it and fold it down), align the decal where it goes, press down on the 2" area affixing it in place. As you apply the decal use the hardest smoothest thing you can find to apply pressure and smooth it as you go, start at the top and apply it downward/toward you.

Third, the best thing to order when ordering an adhesive vinyl material to apply to a metal surface, kegerator etc., is vehicle graphics. Any large format printer will offer this, well except for the el cheapo sign shops. The company I work for, Image One Studios, uses 3M vehicle vinyl it's the best there is.

Fourth, your charge was $6.50 per sq. ft. That's a decent price. It's about what we get. Anyone interested can upload images at our website, listed above, or email me at phillip@imageonestudios.com for further info. We usually charge design time by the hour, but since HBT has been so amazing too me, I'll help my brothers out for free! No it's not my company I'm just trying to help out with anyone that might not know what they want etc.

Fifth, check the "Brewery Magnet" thread for my notes on really inexpensive options for having a Brewery Sign made to hang on the wall.

Not trying to hijack the thread and you've probably gotten alot of what I posted figured out! HBT's given me so much just trying to pay it back by helping my fellow HBTers with something I know alot about.... y'all help me with brewing I help y'all with graphics!

I'm off to bottle my Sloppy Drunk Mild.
Schlante,
Phillip
I wacthed this thread in horror until I came to his post.. phew..

Soapy spray mix is for amateurs and tint installers... with the new vinyls offered today anyone can decent vinyl

Old 12-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #20
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

A little late to this thread; I was thinking about doing this as well, only magnet option. I was going to swing by my local hobby type store (anything from models to sewing home crafts etc), because they have rolls of sheet magnet- like the thin cheap ones you sometimes get in the mail on you local pizza shop add. I used it before, the only issue is it seems to retain the curl from being stored in a roll. I am going to get a roll soon and try and flatten it; anyone else have experience?

Quick Reply