Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Quick Poll on Brewery Names

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
pahuffman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoocurt
My Poll Opinion....

Huffman...meh...it's o.k., but not catchy to me...
Valley Station, sound like the Back to the Future town...
11 Stars.....I like the "Old South" (sorry, taken) vibe, ...screw what people think, it's your beer, your time, and your dime...

Ideas, just thinking out loud here:

Birmingham Beer Works...nice..
Iron Works Brewing Company...o.k.
Southern Steel Brewing....meh
Shelby County Beer Company....sounds like a bootlegger...I like this because I see a lot beer names in it....Bayou Run Brown Ale, Moonlight Ride Red Ale,..etc.
Buccaneer Brewing....I know, lame...
YellowHammer Brewing Company....regardless of school affiliation,...ROLL TIDE, UA'05
Dixie Star Brewing Company....reference the song & the heart of dixie...

Most of my beers are about the South as well, and I too live in Bama...My "South" is the Gulf Coast stretch between NO and Mobile....I grew up in and around the swamps and most of my beer names reflect that, Bayou Brown, Voodoo Black IPA, Southern Belle Strawberry Blonde, etc... sorry for the huge post, this is just a subject close to my heart......

Old South Brewing Company
V
I appreciate your feedback! You have some really good ideas. I really like Dixie Star. I think Im still leaning toward Valley Station though because I think it has a nice ring to it. I still have a couple of days to decide though. I want something that will appeal to a lot of people. And roll tide! Thanks to everyone for your comments. Yall have been extremely helpful!

Life's too short to drink cheap beer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011, 04:00 AM   #12
pahuffman
Recipes 

Thank you everyone for your input! I'm leaning towards Valley Station right now but I still have a couple of days to figure it out. I like Dixie Star too. thanks voodoocurt, and ROLL TIDE! and as far as landmarks go, there's a huge mall in town... haha.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
voodoocurt
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahuffman
Thank you everyone for your input! I'm leaning towards Valley Station right now but I still have a couple of days to figure it out. I like Dixie Star too. thanks voodoocurt, and ROLL TIDE! and as far as landmarks go, there's a huge mall in town... haha.
No problem, good luck and Roll Tide!
V

Old 09-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #14
DarkBrood
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 12

"Valley Station" is bringing up images of the cover art for the Grateful Dead's "Terrapin Station" album - with the turtles dancing on the front porch of a shack, banging tambourines....swap 'em for some steins and the turtles for whateva your local critters are....

FERMENTING: Black Imp
SOUR PROGRAM: Misterioux Ayahel, Ommedubbel, Pucker Knight, Lambicus Minimus

Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #15
pahuffman
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBrood View Post
"Valley Station" is bringing up images of the cover art for the Grateful Dead's "Terrapin Station" album - with the turtles dancing on the front porch of a shack, banging tambourines....swap 'em for some steins and the turtles for whateva your local critters are....
HA! I knew that sounded familiar. I may do just that. I like the rural feel that the name seems to portray.

Quick Reply