price of printing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottfro

Reaction score
What is everyone paying to print their labels? I am looking using staples as it seems to be the cheapest in my area that I've found for small runs but at $9.50 per 60 labels seems a bit much. I may just do a half batch worth of labels for gift/tasting sessions and just label the rest with a sharpie.

I'm a fan of 3/4" or 1" round labels. Just the right size to stick on top of the cap, you can print onto them at home, and it's an improvement over labeling each cap with a sharpie - you can be much more verbose so you don't need to remember a "code" for each batch. Not nearly as fancy as a nice label on the bottle itself, but still.

thats one of the things i considered. whether a small label on the top or a mini label for the side of the bottle i could probably get away with 2 pages of mini labels that could take care of half a batch and then the other half with full size labels.

I just use a black permnament marker. Saves cleaning the labels off. Takes a couple of minutes to write on each one but that is it, job over.

EDIT : a couple of minutes in total - not per bottle. As if you would be that silly to think that anyway ;)

I use the 3/4 inch round lables for my beers... anything i am giving away gets the same unless it is for an actual "gift"... for that I have some of the Avery Wetherproof labels that were... ummm... "Aquired" from a friends place of employment.. the local print shop charges under a dollar a page if I remember correctly.. so about 9 dollars for a full batch (actualy we used them on 750ml bottles so it was like 5 dollars) and they added a gloss enhancer at no charge and because it is toner based it is pretty well waterproof..
Just a thought to check your local area.. but for beers or meads I drink they just get the little cap label.. no need to be fancy

SpamDog

Back