Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Painted Bottle Labels?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
SteveM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Default Painted Bottle Labels?

Probably most of us have seen those great bottles that Stone uses, with their labels screen painted (or printed) right onto the glass.

Does anyone know of a source for small runs of similar painted on label bottles? I would love to have a few cases worth. I bet they are very expensive if they are available at all but I would like to know for sure.

Edit - I mis-wrote - Stone, not Rogue.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2777 Times on 1661 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Stones and SOME Red Stripe bottles (only half of the ones I have, which I think means they switched paint at some point) can come off with starsan...

But the procedure is outlined here...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/anot...starsan-32159/

IIRC you soak for a couple weeks, rinse, let dry naturally and the paint flakes off...

I've done it with Stone...but have had no luck with rogue...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
Hokie
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

If I read the question right, I think you want to add an image to a bottle in the way that Stone does. In that case, what you are looking for is a screen-printing solution. Specifically, you need to find someone who can do cylindrical screen printing. Here are a couple options I found with a quick google search:
Custom screenprinting on anything from t-shirts to sport bottles.
Custom Screen Printing Company - Unique Assembly

Good luck, and let us know if you find something that works out. I'm certainly interested.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2777 Times on 1661 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Oops I misread...I though the op wanted to remove the stuff...this is the first time someone has wanted to paint them...

Some people have talked about using glass etch and stencils on bottles..

But rather than pay for a run...why could you just do a vinyl stencil and use standard glass paint from an art supply store...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
bsay
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Your best bet is to get some card stock and cut out the areas you want painted with an exacto knife, then spray paint the bottle through the "stencil" that you made. I'm not sure if you need special paint to stick to a bottle though....

Check out my Homebrewery Virtual Tour!

Who says you can't brew all-grain indoors?
Brewing 2.5 gal batches with a 2gal cooler MLT in my cramped apartment. Pictures coming soon!

Ask me about my Keezer/2.5 gal brew setup!

Quick Reply