one for the futurama fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFebtober

Reaction score
May be a bit of an obscure reference for the uninitiated, but some of my friends will get it. :p
brain-spawn-label-3.jpg

BTW, the misspelling is part of the joke.

I love it! To be ultra nit-picky, the space between the A and the W bugs me, and the brain loses some of it's "brainy" appearance because Saison is covering the lobey bits underneath. Can the brain be smaller so it won't be covered by any words?

nice! you actually took the time to write something meaningful in alien language 1. should I post the translation?

nice! you actually took the time to write something meaningful in alien language 1. should I post the translation?

Thanks, though I found the alien font here, so there wasn't really any translating on my part. The code just states bottling date (top left) and that it was brewed by me and SWMBO (bottom). I liked the look of language 1 more than language 2.

That site is also where I got the Futurama title font.

SWMBO originally wanted to call the beer "For No Raisin Saison."

I love it! To be ultra nit-picky, the space between the A and the W bugs me, and the brain loses some of it's "brainy" appearance because Saison is covering the lobey bits underneath. Can the brain be smaller so it won't be covered by any words?

yeah, not sure why the font spaced out like that, probably b/c it's a free font I got online, but it would take a lot of tinkering to deal with. I think the brain is still fairly identifiable and i'm afraid the label wouldn't look busy enough if I shrunk it down. After all, it's supposed to be a gigantic brain! though I had considered trying to add motion lines to it, like it's flying into the word "Saison."

Moving the "wn" to reduce spacing is pretty quick and easy. Select the letters, move pixels then replace the missing color.

brain-spawn-label-3-retouch.jpg

Back