Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Old Peculiar Ale Label

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
MVKTR2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default Old Peculiar Ale Label

Here's my Old Peculiar label. That's Gabby Hayes an old western actor whom always played "Peculiar" characters on screen. Used a nice weathered metal for the background, and kept it simple. Thoughts...

Schlante,
Phillip

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Cugel
Recipes 

It's ensures not insures.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Thwizzit
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Also, it's 'interesting' not 'intresting'

Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
MVKTR2
Recipes 

well thanks for the spelling lesson!

Makes me feel a bit stupid... considering I know both of those! Oh well

I obviously pay more attention to the artwork over the spelchekin, eye kan honestly say I wuzn't "interested" in "ensuring" the proper spelin!

Phillip

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Last edited by MVKTR2; 06-09-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:08 AM   #5
Stratotankard

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts

Other than the spelling issues, I like the look of it. Who's the old guy in the picture? Looks familiar like I should know him.

Cheers
Terje

---------------------------------------------
Primary: Burned Mead
Secondary: Bourbon Barrel Porter
Bottled: More Bourbon Barrel Porter, New Pekin Common, Flat Tail Old Ale, Bad Monkey Banana Wine, Flanders Red, Pumpkin Ale
Drinking: Too Much
On deck: Something crazy to use up the 3+ pounds of hops sitting in my freezer

Old 06-15-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
clemson55
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Is yours a clone of the real brew which already bears this name? or Did you not know there was a beer called Old Peculiar out there already?

Primary - Empty
Secondary - Empty
Bottle Conditioning - None
Drinking - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout, Barleywine, Saison, APA, Strawberry mead
In the Works - Summer Rye for my wedding, May 15, 2010

Old 06-18-2008, 04:59 AM   #7
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycactus View Post
Other than the spelling issues, I like the look of it. Who's the old guy in the picture? Looks familiar like I should know him.

Cheers
Terje
I actually ghosted the guys name on the label below/right of the pic. He's Gabby Hayes, always played an old cantankerous oddball mostly in westerns... one might actually call him "Peculiar". I've always loved the character he played.

Yes the bier is a clone of Old Peculiar. If you're intrested I ordered an extract kit from www.ebrew.com. Added 1lb of oats, 6 oz. molasses, and 2 lbs Maris Otter plus specialty malts in a partial mash. Can't remember the specifics of the specialty grains. I'll try. 1/3 lb Roasted Barley, 1/3 lb Crystal 60, and 1 lb Crystal 120.

Schlante,
Phillip

Old 06-18-2008, 05:20 AM   #8
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Clemson 55

I'm a Bama fan, what do ya think about that first game of the season. Either Clemson gets a fairly easy win by 14-20 points or Bama wins a close one. Bama should be either equal or better along both lines of scrimmage. As important as that is, it's close. Bad news is it's not so close in other areas where Clemson outclasses with pure talent. For instance Bama will have the weakest LB core in the whole SEC. I expect Clemson to attack that weakness especially in the passing game, TE's and crossing patterns. But hey Bama has the advantage in the coaching department I just doubt they have the horses to beat a Clemson team that should win the ACC this year. They will if Tommy and Co. can keep from performing the usual mid-late season brain fart!

Well anyway maybe I'm wasting everyone's time... I've been addicted to College FB alot longer than I've been a bier geek! (Yes I'm convinced I'm Addicted to Alabama Football... been a rough few years!)

Schlante,
Phillip

Old 06-18-2008, 05:30 AM   #9
rabidgerbil

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Clemson 55

I'm a Bama fan, what do ya think about that first game of the season. Either Clemson gets a fairly easy win by 14-20 points or Bama wins a close one. Bama should be either equal or better along both lines of scrimmage. As important as that is, it's close. Bad news is it's not so close in other areas where Clemson outclasses with pure talent. For instance Bama will have the weakest LB core in the whole SEC. I expect Clemson to attack that weakness especially in the passing game, TE's and crossing patterns. But hey Bama has the advantage in the coaching department I just doubt they have the horses to beat a Clemson team that should win the ACC this year. They will if Tommy and Co. can keep from performing the usual mid-late season brain fart!

Well anyway maybe I'm wasting everyone's time... I've been addicted to College FB alot longer than I've been a bier geek! (Yes I'm convinced I'm Addicted to Alabama Football... been a rough few years!)

Schlante,
Phillip

Old 06-18-2008, 05:51 AM   #10
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerbil View Post
Much like the great philosophical questions...

To be or not to be?
Which came first, chicken or egg?

I propose....

Is it thread hijacking if you started the thread?

Besides I'm an addict... I can't help it

Phillip

Quick Reply