@ MBasile: Thanks! I use 3 1/3" x 4" white shipping labels (Staples Brand, Avery template 5164/8164 - $24 online, $30 in store (make them pricematch their website...)) and someone else's color inkjet to print them out on
@frolickingmonkey: Thanks! Your beard (profile pic) makes me a little jealous!)
1) It's all smoke and mirrors. Though I really like this headshot of me (which was taken during a trip to Ireland/Scotland... I am holding a Guinness draft in the full photo)
2) Thanks, I tried to choose something to convey a light fall day. I'm color blind, so I must have got lucky.
3) I'm glad you said that about the face, because I had about 4 versions and I went with the most transparent, but it was a tie between that and something 20% less transparent.
4) I like the idea... I'm doing a Circus Boy clone for a friend sometime in the next couple months, and I might use that imagery (balloon head held by kid) in the label
5) Another fine idea. I originally thought it would be a pale ale, and the text was "Maple Pale", and the Ale was a dark shadow of the 'ale' of pale... if that made any sense.
6) It's got another 2 1/2 weeks of bottle conditioning, but at bottling time it was really, really good, and it should be a little more maple flavored at the end of conditioning b/c I used maple syrup in place of priming sugar.