name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvr2low

Reaction score
ok, so im going to make a thread to decide on a name for the future brewery. i have some time since my first brew hasnt even made it to the bottle yet but let me know what you think. i may add more as i come up with them.

so far:

double hat brewing
negative camber brewing

i have ideas for labels for both if i get that far.

OK, here goes:

Double Hat is too much like Magic Hat.
Negative camber? WTF is that? If people need a dictionary to figure it out, it's probably not a good name.

But what do I know.:D

EDIT: I know what a negative camber is, it's just a bit too "inside" for my tastes.

hmm, never thought about the relation to magic hat, it was my wifes idea, a nickname we use for our dog when she does this crazzy thing with her ears.

negative camber is a car term common in the minitruck world but would make sense to almost ever custom car guy. it could give me the option of a lot of beer names.

I had to look it up, but I like negative camber. Nothing wrong with a name like that. I agree that double hat is too much like magic hat.

For what it's worth, I thought of airfoils vice car stuff. "The AH-1W Cobra has a negative camber on its horizontal stabilizer." That statement sticks in my head as an example used of a negative camber during flight school.

For what it's worth, I thought of airfoils vice car stuff. "The AH-1W Cobra has a negative camber on its horizontal stabilizer." That statement sticks in my head as an example used of a negative camber during flight school.

im sure it has a lot of different uses, thought it would be a decent way to relate back to my love of custom rides but not use something like lugnut or driveshaft brewing.

Good point. I reverse my stance after further thought. Negative Camber is actually growing on me.

before you made the relation to magic hat obvious i thought for sure double hat would win the crowd over here. i do like the way negative camber will bring two of my hobbies together.

so my idea for a label is a head on shot of a beer bottle laying down with tires negatively cambered attached like the front of a car. not sure i have the artistic talent to make it work though. i will have to play around some.

two more to add to the list, both coming from my other hobbies.

bokeh brewing
5 liter brewing

i think those are the last of them unless something amazing strikes.

+1 Negative Camber. Shecky, you've been in the brew shed way too long.
I know what a negative canbeer is and I'm a girl.:p

+1 Negative Camber. Shecky, you've been in the brew shed way too long.
I know what a negative canbeer is and I'm a girl.:p

awesome, not many girls i know know what it means. unless they are into minitrucks that is.

I think it is all about you Nvr2low. Go with the name you personally like. Everyone has a vision in their head from their own experiences in life as to what a word means (if that makes any sense...lol) If you like what the word or fraze means go for it.....:)

I like Negative Camber. Maybe it is because mine is Adverse Yaw. I know it is planes vs automobiles, but I still like it.

I like Negative Camber. Maybe it is because mine is Adverse Yaw. I know it is planes vs automobiles, but I still like it.

where did you get your logo done, i have a similar idea for an automotive one but dont have the artistic talent to pull it off.

where did you get your logo done, i have a similar idea for an automotive one but dont have the artistic talent to pull it off.

I did it myself, but I didn't draw it. I bought a month subscription to (I think it was) clipart.com and then I used gimp to add the text.

Back