Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > My Logo completed / Need help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #11
brokenanchor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yes kman that's an A- for you...I'd get an F. I honestly like the fact that the hand isn't attached to the body it gives it more of an "in your face feel". I do really like the idea of the mirrored label idea. The only problem with this is that it'll be a little hard to see what it is when it's label sized. Chemical etching would be cool, but it has a pretty expensive start up from what I've heard. All that said I'll work on adding some color to it tonight. Do you have a background color preference?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #12
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts

If you can find someone to draw this out for you in a vector program, it will be a lot more versatile. I'd volunteer, but my pen tool skills are lacking at best.

I'm in the prepress department at a label printer. We get a ton of labels in with crappy rasterized logos that are hard to work with. Once its vector, you can resize, add, take away an recolor with no problems.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #13
brokenanchor
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah the way I'm doing it isn't the best method, but I'm getting some alright results. I really don't want to take away from what you've created so I still need to do some shadowing. Here's what I've come up with so far (nowhere near done). Let me know if you want any of the colors changed.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
kunstler
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

What about a brighter background color? make some contrast (between the muted earhtone skin, brown bottle in the label - and I'm assuming brown bottle its going on.) like take the background color and just reduce the opacity of it (or add white which ever is easier, not sure you're doing this)

Also another thought...what about the bulls bottom half? I didn't see that before, but man is it weirding me out now...I might be a simple fix like moving the banner up and cutting the label off where his torso ends. - just a thought.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That bull looks like he's giving the ol' People's Eyebrow.

Do you smell what the Rock is cookin?

Old 05-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #16
k-man-do
Recipes 

Thanks to all for the constructive remarks and no I don’t take affence to any of the comments, if I did I would not have subjected the drawing in the first place.

My long term goal is to have to look like it was created in a computer program, however my line drawing skills are less than poor, so I reverted back to hand drawing it as I know I will be able to get it half decent.

I really like the etched idea, I will have to look into that. As for the label on the bottle my original idea was to put the type of beer it actually was, ESB, IPA etc, you can somewhat see that in the original as I erased it. Once I get the file where I want it on the computer I was going to start messing with that as I feel confident I can do that in photoshop.

Brokenanchor:
I really don’t have any preferences on the colors of the background especially since I posted this I was trying to figure out how to make it not look hand drawn and I never thought about color. Thanks for taking the time to mess with this.

Primary - Nada
Secondary - Irish Stout

Up Next - Nut Brown

Kegged - German Pils
Bottled and Drinking - ESB

"All I really want is to be able brew a decent brew, I am not looking for perfection but I will be pissed if it doesn't come out good."

Old 05-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
gratus fermentatio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 724 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 1819

I really like the hand drawn look, I think it's good in plain old B&W, or maybe even a plain parchment background. I also like the idea of cleaning up those lines & giving it a more "cartoony" look, this would really set off any colors used & vice-versa; it would also enhance the "in your face" attitude displayed by the bull. Some bold text on the pic's bottle label would work nicely, but I also think that something that looked hand scrawled (in a matching art style) would work well. An idea for the pic's bottle label: finalize your overall label on paper, & snap a digital pic of it, paste it on the label's bottle label, you could do this into infinity, well 3 times maybe, but it would give the impression of infinity. Sort of a cartoon Escher with beer. Regards, GF.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #18
Thwizzit
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-man-do View Post

Does anyone have any ideas.
How about something like this?