Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > my label!
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Dizavin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Default my label!

okay so my second brew is going to have a set of labels since it's shaping up to be miles better than my first brew (big surprise, huh?) and I figured I'd post it here. it gave me a chance to get my design nerd on pretty heavily.

I'm bottling these into recycled rectangular Johnnie Walker bottles, and the idea is the label goes on the corners of the bottles and covers the two sides and the text on the main label is meant to be read with the bottle on it's side, as you age it.

it kind of plays around with looking at it from different angles as you hold the drink in your hands.

__________________
Dizavin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
KYB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,566
Liked 39 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

I like it. Nice work.

__________________
KYB is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
llazy_llama
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 2,885
Liked 65 Times on 27 Posts

Default

I love the way it looks, it's really an awesome label. One small typo (hours is spelled horus) but it really does look nice.

A few questions though. 1: Why serve your homebrew in a frozen mug? 2: How are you planning on sealing Johnny Walker bottles, which aren't rated for pressure?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt22 View Post
I would never use a dead mouse in my beer. It's much better to use live ones. You could probably just steep a dead one, but live ones must be mashed. Actually, smashed and mashed would be best.
llazy_llama is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
Dizavin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llazy_llama View Post
I love the way it looks, it's really an awesome label. One small typo (hours is spelled horus) but it really does look nice.

A few questions though. 1: Why serve your homebrew in a frozen mug? 2: How are you planning on sealing Johnny Walker bottles, which aren't rated for pressure?
oh, I was aware of the typo. it was fixed before I went to print. and a friend of mine has successfully used the same bottles before and sealed them with, of all things, wax.

and as for the frozen mugs? I just simply like my drinks to be as cold as possible. and I kind of want to have as much of that experience shown to other people, as best I can.
__________________

Last edited by Dizavin; 03-22-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Dizavin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
llazy_llama
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 2,885
Liked 65 Times on 27 Posts

Default

If you can get a good seal on those bottles, I think they'll look awesome.

As for the frozen mugs, I'm sure you've read all about why most of us don't serve beer at freezing cold temperatures. I won't berate you for enjoying your beer the way you want to. If it works for you, enjoy one for me!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt22 View Post
I would never use a dead mouse in my beer. It's much better to use live ones. You could probably just steep a dead one, but live ones must be mashed. Actually, smashed and mashed would be best.
llazy_llama is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
Dizavin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llazy_llama View Post
If you can get a good seal on those bottles, I think they'll look awesome.

As for the frozen mugs, I'm sure you've read all about why most of us don't serve beer at freezing cold temperatures. I won't berate you for enjoying your beer the way you want to. If it works for you, enjoy one for me!
oh man, I am a stickler for cold drinks. I could be sipping liquid nitrogen and I'd still pause and say "....it's a bit warm. could you put this in the freezer for a few minutes?"
__________________
Dizavin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #7
katja
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 78
Default

i really like the spacial design on this label. funny, my husband and i have also been identifying our beers by number only. we haven't printed any labels, but we've been writing roman numerals on the caps for the purpose of identification. hope to get into the artistic side of labeling soon!

__________________
katja is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
Homercidal
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Reed City, MI
Posts: 23,564
Liked 2141 Times on 1532 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Default

I'm not opposed to drinking many beers very cold. Some say you don't get as much flavor, but there is something to be said for the feeling of the temperature differential as well.

Most heavy beers are great when warmer, but some lighter beers are great cold!

And, I love the look of that label. Very distinctive and interesting. Sort of the look I would expect on a modern video game box!

__________________
Homercidal is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2009, 04:36 AM   #9
Dizavin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katja View Post
i really like the spacial design on this label. funny, my husband and i have also been identifying our beers by number only. we haven't printed any labels, but we've been writing roman numerals on the caps for the purpose of identification. hope to get into the artistic side of labeling soon!
it's fun. you gotta have an eye for design and a knack for using the software (or you can do it practically, which I imagine would be wicked.) but if you go for it, it can be pretty fun!

also, yeah, I really couldn't find a fitting title for any of my beers so I just decided to number them.
__________________
Dizavin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Tap Label chefchris Label Display & Discussion 11 07-16-2009 03:18 AM
No label/White label AB beer barracudamagoo General Beer Discussion 9 04-12-2009 07:15 AM
Label for bro's wedding (my first label) fifelee Label Display & Discussion 4 08-25-2008 02:45 AM
First Label Anthony_Lopez Label Display & Discussion 10 03-04-2008 02:17 PM
First Label! bluedragoon85 Label Display & Discussion 2 03-03-2008 10:52 PM