My homebrew labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkfromk

Reaction score
This past Christmas, my best friend thought it would be cool to take some of the beer names we'd brainstormed in the past and make into labels as a present to me. He came up with all the imagery, logo and text. Check them out and let me know what you think.

6328-joesbrew-joey-locals-know-him-has-been-brewing-his-specialty-beers-since-2010-his-place-woods-outside-paola-ks-hang-out-guys-well-got-expensive-buying-all-beer-although-no-master-brewer-any-stretch-imagination-joeys-pretty-smart-cookie-learning-fast-so-if-youre-ever-his-neck-woods-bring-your-bike-hit-trails-definitely-stay-drink-his-beer-just-careful-how-many-you-have.jpg

JoesBrew Logo - Joey, as the locals know him, has been brewing his specialty beers since 2010. His place in the woods outside of Paola, KS is a hang-out for the guys, and well, it got expensive buying all that beer. Although no Master Brewer by any stretch of the imagination, Joey's a pretty smart cookie and is learning fast. So if you're ever in his neck-of-the-woods, bring your bike, hit the trails and definitely stay and drink his beer. Just be careful how many you have.

Jo Mama – Farmhouse Ale
Apologies to Joe's Mom, she does not look like this. However, word has it he has seen this pose more than a few times. Joey was not what you would call a 'trouble maker.' But, due to his curious nature, did find his way into trouble a few times. This hoppy edition of a classic farmhouse ale is best enjoyed slowly and with your hands on the reins. I know, tastes so good that's hard to do! Let's just say strange things have happened to those that try to drink a third...

Joltin Jo – IPA (image of wrestlers)
Ok, we know Joltin’ Jo was the nickname given to a baseball icon. And, our Joe really digs baseball. However, his real love is raslin’ (or wrestling). In addition to his day job, hobbies and generally hectic lifestyle, Joe manages to coach the local youth rastlin’ team. That’s why his favorite beer goes with his fav sport. You’ll love this classic American IPA, hopefully as much as Joe loves 2 sweaty guys in tights on a mat rolling around with each other! Nevermind that, it’s good stuff. Let’s just hope his singlet stays in retirement!

Not Jo Beer – Pale Ale
Not Jo Beer, unless you buy it of course. But you won’t want to share. Just buy some cheap watery beer to hand out to the guests and keep this in the fridge for you. Joe tries to keep this one on tap at all times. After a hard bike ride, or a run in the woods, or chasin’ down one of his chickens, nothing beats this classic Pale Ale.

Sloppy Joe – Double IPA
Although our Joe doesn’t get sloppy very often, this beer can sneak up on him. And who can blame him? Full bodied with a great taste and a hoppy bite, it’s easy to open another one. But consider yourself warned. If too sloppy, don’t drive or operate heavy machinery! Just do as Joe does: get sloppy at home.

Joe’s Landing – Oatmeal Stout (image of bike wreck)
A moment for true inspiration! Joe took to mountain biking a few years ago. While riding the local trails with the guys, he had his first real ‘endo.’ What’s that? That’s when your bike suddenly stops, and physics takes over. Joe recalls, as he flew over the handlebars, how things moved in slow motion…until physics stopped him cold. He smacked head-first into a tree and tumbled down the hill. Bruised and battered, Joe took a while to figure out where he was. We made sure he had a comfortable seat, and a cold Oatmeal Stout in his hand. Thus inspiration for a section of trail and a beer!

Special Brew - Chain Gang – Copper Ale
Joe and the guys like to ride their bikes…a lot. They ride on the road, ride with their kids to school, ride trails through the woods over knarly rocks and owned trees, ride gravel roads through the countryside and even ride indoors on rollers and trainers. So, they decided to start their own bike club and Joe serves as it’s VP. Some meetings they get more done than others. Deep down, they all know the meetings are an excuse to get together and tell stories, ride and have a few cold beers. Just don’t tell their wives…

Needless to say it was a very cool surprise, wow I have to get all the beer in the pipeline!

Yep, he's a retired Graphic Designer who still dabbles in side projects. He uses Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create all the artwork.

Back