My first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootin68

Reaction score
Thoughts, critiques anything you can add. First attempt.

graveyardfinal.jpg

pretty cool..Maybe change the lettering like engraved in the art? Im no artist at this by any means either. Very good though. What program did you use?

I did it with Gimp took me about three hours because I kept messing with it. I will take a look at the engraving option on the letters.

The text seems a bit dark against such a dark background...doing something to make the text "pop" might help. Maybe the engraved look (if it puts a white highlight on the interior) will help with that as well.

The text seems a bit dark against such a dark background...doing something to make the text "pop" might help. Maybe the engraved look (if it puts a white highlight on the interior) will help with that as well.

Maybe some sort of chiseled effect then it would be:rockin:

Maybe some sort of chiseled effect then it would be:rockin:

Fastest way would probably be to use an "emboss" effect on the tombstone. FWIW I agree that would make the label over the top.

I do think its great by the way. Something that struck me is it's a little mono-chromatic in the center and then there's the color on the sides. Maybe kill two birds by lightening the color on the sides a little and using some of that same color with the text (emboss, shadow, etc). Just some ideas.:mug:

Thoughts, critiques anything you can add. First attempt.

...It also needs a boney set of fingers or a skeletal hand coming out of the ground or from around the back of the toomstone like it's coming for you...Because you know it will be calling from the depths of the BMP (enter ghostly voice here) "Driiink Meee" once it's bottled:D

Just a thought but it looks great as is...

From minoring in graphic design in college, i can tell you that it is best to use a font that is easy to read at first glance yet pleasing to the eye; not something that you really have to decipher and learn each letter before understanding what it says.

im not trying to be a jerk here mind you, just some constructive criticism

Back