The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Lame-o first run at a label

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 06:00 AM   #1
cbg96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Lame-o first run at a label

Bottled it this afternoon, first batch ever. SEEMS like it's going to turn out okay if an initial taste of flat, green beer is any indication - and assuming I didn't contaminate the hell out of it when bottling.

Anyhow - comments are welcome...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2008, 06:19 AM   #2
Arneba28

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I like it. Change the lettering font though. The Old english or whatever is ok just a little jumbled. Another english/gothic font would look great with that dragon just a little cleaner on the font.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
Skunkhuffer
Recipes 

Simple, yet complex. The problem I find when doing circles is, how do you, as a homebrewer, cut out the label to put on the bottle? That's where I find squared, rectangles, and diamonds a much easier design to work with. Making a really nice label, then having to delicately cut with scissors or a razor around all the details (or even just a plain circle) leaves alot of room for error, making the label look like crap when you slap it on the bottle. I guess a plain circle would work if you had a stencil to cut it out with.

Anyway, good work.

PS: I see you used the same 'shape' as I did in my label. It just...works. (see Black Mamba thread)

Secondary 2: Empty
There are my first brews to speak of. Now, I wait...

Old 09-15-2008, 06:30 AM   #4
Kilgore_Trout
Recipes 

Nice for a first attempt. I would follow Arneba's advice though and tweak the font. The style is great but that font is just a bit over-complex.

Very nice for your first shot.

Quick Reply