New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Label Ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
Madinaman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Label Ideas

I brewed a beer in honor of my friend who recently passed away. We were supposed to brew a beer together before he passed away of cancer, and he loved malty beers, and was of Scottish decent, so I brewed a Belhaven Wee Heavy Clone but added some maple syrup and oats and hit it with brett C in the secondary... He once brewed and oatmeal maple stout that he ruined bad, and this was my tribute to him.... The name of the beer is Auld Lang Syne, and I plan on waxing the bottle tops and making a label, and having one with him, at his grave site, every year on his birthday, which happens to be the day after mine. Just looking for some thoughts and ideas. Thanks everyone!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Pdeezy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry about your loss.

One of my friends passed away a few years back and I've always planned on brewing a beer for him. He was a huge movie geek and knew way too much about way too many movies. Anyways, I planned on incorporating film reels and the Dallas Cowboys star into the label somehow because those are the 2 things that remind me most of him.

So maybe a hobby that you guys enjoyed together besides brewing, or something that reminds you of him? This may be too cheesey for you, but I can't wait to get mine completed.

Next to Brew - Who knows...something with EKG

Primary - April's Amber

Bottled - Bee Cave IPA
Bottled - Apfelwein
Bottled - Dirty Blonde (BM's Blonde w/ 2X hops)
Bottled - Ed's Haus
Bottled - Hop Dread Red V1.0 (Red IPA)

Old 11-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Madinaman
Recipes 

that's a great idea... He was big into SciFi, music, traveling, etc. I will have to see what I can come up with that screams something about him while honoring his beer as well!

Quick Reply