Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > I need help again "shocker"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #31
velotech
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I like the font. It's a little big, though. If you are trying to show it's DC vs state, the dome is not very recognizable to most because of the lack of detail. Maybe more of an image that says DC (old image of DC?). Maybe make the BC look like DC in the wording?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 11

What's with the negativity in here? Jeez.... HBT is supposed to be a supportive community people. Did a shipment of pissed in wheaties come in from China or something?

Lay off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't have something to contribute positively, in this or any other thread, just don't say anything. Why is that so hard???

Crystalcabot is obviously try hard, is not a spammer, is kind, asks good questions, and is working toward a dream. Don't get on his balls. I can't believe I am scolding for the second time in one thread. Don't be a dick!

Old 05-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #33
EdK
Recipes 

Yea, I guess I am a jerk but I apologize for nothing! :P

Last edited by EdK; 05-22-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #34
ajwillys
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 32

What about instead of the Capitol building you went with a more iconic DC structure that's not easily confused such as the White House or one of the memorials/monuments? Thomas Jefferson was a brewer so the Jefferson Memorial might be good.

Just a thought...

Old 05-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #35
EdK
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwillys View Post
What about instead of the Capitol building you went with a more iconic DC structure that's not easily confused such as the White House or one of the memorials/monuments? Thomas Jefferson was a brewer so the Jefferson Memorial might be good.

Just a thought...
That crossed my mind too put than again "washingtonian brewing company" is right there under it, so maybe it doesn't need it? What if there was just like an elegant line drawing of some sort of greek/roman column to the left, like this:

http://onyx.malagraphixia.com/corel_...nic_column.gif

To relate to the architecture of D.C.

I'm also not sure if crystal is asking us for an overall logo or just something to go along with what she posted as a specific beer type label.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #36
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2754 Times on 2705 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Sorry for the "negative comments" I really was only trying to to point truthful points that need considered for brewing professionally. I don't apologize for what I've said but won't touch that subject again.
As far as the label, I agree that Washingtonians doesn exactly flow off the tonuge, but if it's a popular phrase there and you only plan on selling locally then go for it. Are you planning on using the graphic on the bottles as well with then a simple Beer name under it for each one? Or will they be different per batch? Do you have a sample label drawn up yet besides the logo? I would imagine you would have to have ingredients list, abv% and all the standard Gooberment warnings on there. Just something to keep in mind and leave space for when designing the layouts. (<-- trying to be helpful with suggestions, not criticize for not having it already)

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 05-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #37
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2754 Times on 2705 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalcabot View Post
See this is why I needed your help guys those are just awesome names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
What style do you need a name for? I really like the name and the logo.

Get off his balls already! Or I'll start making fun of your stupid ass names.
Okay, you "Had to scald twice in one thread". No, He asked for name assistance, people offered him suggestions for why they didn't like the name, I think that's pretty important data when you're trying to make a company, get potential customer feedback and change to reflect it. No need to yell at people for answering the question he asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
What's with the negativity in here? Jeez.... HBT is supposed to be a supportive community people. Did a shipment of pissed in wheaties come in from China or something?

Lay off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't have something to contribute positively, in this or any other thread, just don't say anything. Why is that so hard???

Crystalcabot is obviously try hard, is not a spammer, is kind, asks good questions, and is working toward a dream. Don't get on his balls. I can't believe I am scolding for the second time in one thread. Don't be a dick!
Second scalding was for another relevant comment about brewing professionally. I was just trying to offer helpful advice to stick to the basics before opening a brewery based on some of the OP's previous posts such as "How do I read a Hydrometer".
A I stated in my Original post, there is nothing Negative or offensive about being a beginner, everyone has to start at the beginning. I am still very much a beginner myself as I stated before.

I Like you Kabouter and value your input on this forum and put respect and trust into your posts. I'm not trying to ruffle any feather in this community.

I apologize to the OP if I came off as offensive or down putting, but not for what I said.. It was not my intention, but I won't have my posts turned against me to make me look like I'm attacking anyone. I value my reputation on this forum that I believe is that of a nice guy.

Ok, I'll stop cluttering your thread with nonsense.
If you want any asistance with labels just ask, I'm decent with Gimp and have made quite a few labels for my own beers.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Last edited by IrregularPulse; 05-22-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Quick Reply