Graphic Design Help for my Logo!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muttieb

Reaction score
Hi everyone I've seen on here before that there may be some people on here that do some graphic design work. What I'm looking for is some help designing a logo, I've got some basic ideas worked out but what them refined.

My brewing name is Coal Room Brewery (or brewing...so many decisions:eek:) and I've been thinking about a piece of coal on fire as my symbol. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate something beer related into it maybe in a beer glass or with some grain branched crossed behind it. Any advice would be wonderful.

Also with what I'm looking for in a logo is simplicity to an extent, I'd live to be able to convert it to a stencil or outline fairly easily and don't want it to get too cluttered. I've attached 2 VERY ROUGH ideas below that I quick made up from clipart as a little reference to what I'm thinking.

I'd love to hear what anyone has to say on my logo ideas and had any tips. Also if anyone with any graphic skill would like to help me just pm me! Thanks everyone for checking out and helping with my logo!:mug:

COAL 2.jpg

coal 3 revised.jpg

I think the second one with the coal in the mug is awesome!! You don't need any help.

I'm not sure if this will help or not but the name you picked makes me think of woodcut art prints. Might be a good style for you to look into.

What program did you use? Ironically I just got Pi$$ed at Gimp (a free downloadable photoshop type program) because I can't figure how to work the dang thing.

Thanks for the comments and I have definitely considered putting this on my coal room door where I keep all my brewing stuff. I'd still like to have someone refine the logo to get it cleaner and maybe more professional looking!

I have some edition of photoshop but only have a very limited and basic knowledge if how to use it

Contact someone at UMD, there's a whole class room of students there that need pro bono work for their portfolios!

Back