Görges Brewing Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octang

Reaction score
*Updated to include example of the neck's label.*

I made a thread recently trying to showcase my labels but I wasn't able to post pictures, but it appears that my pictures will display now so I am going to try this again.

As you may notice in the pics, I haven't decided on a font yet, so if you have thoughts on that please don't be shy!

5496_99867914130_500339130_1967921_5545741_n.jpg

5496_99866874130_500339130_1967910_3316882_n.jpg

5496_101893674130_500339130_1997441_1372883_n.jpg

Neck Label:
5496_101906504130_500339130_1997706_399634_n.jpg

For such a simple looking character, you would be surprised how long it took me to build that guy! Though simplistic looking, I thought these labels looked kind of fun.

Nice job with the simple, yet bold designs.

...but doesn't Oktober have a t in it? Even pickier...I don't think the umlaut is correct over the o in Oktober.

Seriously, though, I like the labels. The font on the hefe label looks best, IMHO.

...but doesn't Oktober have a t in it? Even pickier...I don't think the umlaut is correct over the o in Oktober.

I was going to say something, but I figured the umlaut was on purpose to match the "Görges". I totally missed that the t wasn't there, though.

Nice job with the simple, yet bold designs.

Seriously, though, I like the labels. The font on the hefe label looks best, IMHO.

Haha, oppps, good call catching my spelling error. I had it spelled correct originally but I never noticed that I typed it wrong when I typed it out for the final design. I guess, after a while you just see it without actually looking at it. Thanks!

*Runs off to edit*

I dig the simplicity and black and white profile. The introduction of different elements (wheat bundle, smoke, dual fistin') is brilliant for style allocation. The only thing that I'd do differently would be keeping the Gorges font the same throughout all labels. Continuity with a logo will keep it stuck in people's minds. Great job!

I really like how you can add one simple element to the logo character (pipe, wheat, extra mug, etc...) to indicate the style of beer. Keep these coming. I would love to see how the concept evolves. :mug:

I dig the simplicity and black and white profile. The introduction of different elements (wheat bundle, smoke, dual fistin') is brilliant for style allocation. The only thing that I'd do differently would be keeping the Gorges font the same throughout all labels. Continuity with a logo will keep it stuck in people's minds. Great job!

Thanks for the comments. I fully intend to keep the font the same for all the logos. However, right now I haven't decided on a font so that is why I posted a few different styles.

Back