Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > First Label with Minimal Photoshop Skill: Smashed Santa Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
RoaringBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default First Label with Minimal Photoshop Skill: Smashed Santa Ale

Well, I brewed up some Holiday-style spiced Ale, gave it a name, and decided to try to make a simple label for it. My photoshop skills are very minimal, so I used the "Seal Creator" website from somewhere down below in this forum, a little santa search on yahoo images, and a little photoshop magic to create this. Took a whole 10 minutes.

This is just the first 'draft' as I plan to add a few small font items (ABV, Bottled On, etc.) to spice it up a little. Any suggestions and/or help are welcome.

As for the 'brewing company' name, I named it that because when I was roughly 7 or so I used to help my grandmother 'clean' a church. Well... she cleaned, I lined up little kids sunday school chairs, and tried to see how many I could jump over without smashing my face in when I hit the last chair. My mothers side of the family has called me "hoppy" ever since even though I'm now 25. Soo thats the background; not to mention its such a coincidental play on the word "hops". Ha-ha. Not sure I'll keep this, but it will do for now. Plus I can abbreviate it HCBC. Lol.

Anyway, on with the seal/label:

Last edited by RoaringBrewer; 10-30-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
RoaringBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Btw, I think I'm going with Hopping Chairs Brewery as its the same length as Brew Co.

I'll play around tonight when I'm not at work and have a little more time and see what I can come up with.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
ayrton

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice. Any way to used anti-aliased text on the ABV and bottling date?

Old 10-31-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
RoaringBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Of course changing the ABV and Bottling date text is possible and I will be toying around with it before the actual bottling date in ~2.5 weeks (if all goes well).

If you (or anyone for that matter) has any suggestions, feel free to "Save Image As" and apply your photoshop magic and repost. As noted, I'm a real newb when it comes to photoshop, so I was keeping it as basic as possible. My brother could whip up something better than that in about 1.5 minutes, but I'm just not that quick. Ha-ha.

Quick Reply