Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > First Brew - First Label

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #11
polarbearbrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

by the way your brewery name wouldnt happen to come from "the outsiders" would it?

Primary: Common Room ESB
Bottled: EdWort's Haus Pale Ale
On Deck: Robust Porter/SMaSH

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
chefchris
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I chose the name for 2 reasons. It is from the Outsiders "Stay Gold, Pony Boy". But, more than half my friends are straight edge (don't smoke or drink). It's become the hip thing to do down here. I constantly have discussions with them about it, but usually just make fun of them. I don't mind what choices you make, but when you start pressuring everyone else that it's the thing to do, then it's just worthless. In other states there have been violent attacks on kids that don't agree.What's the point of a 13 kid being straight edge? That's not straight edge, that's under age. Anyways, I get real sick of hearing about this fad so I thought I would name my "brewery" Stay Gold Brewing. The kids use it as their own slogan for "staying pure"

I made it on a program called Flexi Sign. I use to do graphic design for a sign shop here in town, once I left I had to get the program for myself. You get pretty good after using for 2 years.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #13
Sgt. Major
Recipes 

Sweet label and tat's, fellow Mississippian! I agree with others' comments as well. The MS government does need to lend an ear! Hell, the county I'm in is still dry....no beer or liquor! Crazy, I know. I love this state, but like ya'll said, there needs to be some changes to make it more livable.
Cheers,
Sgt. Major

Patient: *pointing to his arm* "I have turtles hatching out of my skin. See, there's one."

Triage Nurse: "Damn, dude. Been drinkin'?"

-actual triage assesment

Old 08-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
yermej
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
I chose the name for 2 reasons. It is from the Outsiders "Stay Gold, Pony Boy". But, more than half my friends are straight edge (don't smoke or drink). It's become the hip thing to do down here. I constantly have discussions with them about it, but usually just make fun of them.
First, I really dig that label.

Second, (you've probably heard this if you like to make fun of straight edge kids, but just in case):
Why do you have to take two straight edge kids fishing with you?

If you only take one, he'll drink all your beer.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #15
Jester369
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Didn't really want to name it as it's an extract kit and not my own recipe. I've got some clever names for future batches once I get the hang of it.
First, nice label

Second, name it if you want. You brewed it! That same extract kit brewed by ten different brewers will give ten different beers - similar, but different.

Good work

Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 AM   #16
dr_finklestein
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Great Lable. All I have to say is that I'm glad I don't live in Mississippi. Good luck!

Old 08-06-2008, 02:26 AM   #17
MSbrewer
Recipes 

Quote:
I'm going to go back and add bottle date and alcohol percentage later.

Didn't really want to name it as it's an extract kit and not my own recipe. I've got some clever names for future batches once I get the hang of it.

It's a lot clearer than it appears on here, especially the "stay gold". Don't know why it turned to crap on flickr. oh well.

Easy there killer....I hate the beer laws here too, but Im a true MS kid!!! Easy bout the bashin this place ( God's Country)...by the way I really like the label
!!

Old 08-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #18
chefchris
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSbrewer View Post
Easy there killer....I hate the beer laws here too, but Im a true MS kid!!! Easy bout the bashin this place ( God's Country)...by the way I really like the label
!!
Well, I am NOT a true MS kid. I was born in Florida and moved here. I see you're from Jackson. I've been there a couple times and it seems there's a lot more to do. I live in a place called Guntown. We have a Post Office. There is nothing to do anywhere near here. I'm sorry you took offense to me not liking Mississippi ... but I hate it here. There's no two ways around it.

Quick Reply