*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Feedback on Brewery Logo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
Titan88
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Default Feedback on Brewery Logo

My brewery name is Tallahatchie Brewing Company. The Tallahatchie River runs right through the middle of my hometown, New Albany, Mississippi. Looking for feedback on my new logo. It's my first Inkscape logo.

test-logo.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
BugHunter
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I like it, though from the looks of it the font you're using won't scale down well or be able to be read at a distance. If that's not an issue keep it as is, if so I'd go with a font that's a little cleaner.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
nm_johnson
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugHunter View Post
I like it, though from the looks of it the font you're using won't scale down well or be able to be read at a distance. If that's not an issue keep it as is, if so I'd go with a font that's a little cleaner.
That was my exact thought when I saw the logo as well. Have you looked at how it looks on a bottle?
Old 11-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Titan88
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks to you both for the comments. I checked the size of a bottle neck label on some websites (3.4" x 1.4") and scaled the logo down to fit one (see below). Of course, it will need to be curved, but I am at work and at the mercy of Powerpoint. I'll mess with it on Inkscape when I get home. On the actual labels, I'm just planning on having the brewery name written out and the logo on the neck labels only. I will look into other fonts. Besides the font, how about the overall design? Too simple?

neck-label.png  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
BugHunter
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

When it comes to product or company branding simple is good. Think about most of the really well known brands: Nike, Pepsi, McDonalds, New York. You don't picture the company first, you probably picture their symbol. Why? It's simple, with bold lines and distinctive colors. Most importantly it's easy to distinguish and remember. Your label has that with it's stylized barrel,mythical black lines, and color selections. modify the font to match with the complexity of the rest of the label and you're golden.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
Hello
16%er
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1392 Times on 972 Posts
Likes Given: 2176

I like it but found the Tallahatchie hard to make out right at first. Also, I've never been a huge fan of using multiple font styles on one logo. I like the font used for "Brewing Co" but maybe you need to pick one font for both and leave the "est 2013" as the font that it is now.

Also, the barrel teases me to think you'll have at least an offering aged in a barrel or sorts so don't let us down.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
Titan88
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
I like it but found the Tallahatchie hard to make out right at first. Also, I've never been a huge fan of using multiple font styles on one logo. I like the font used for "Brewing Co" but maybe you need to pick one font for both and leave the "est 2013" as the font that it is now.

Also, the barrel teases me to think you'll have at least an offering aged in a barrel or sorts so don't let us down.
Tallahatchie and Brewing Co. are the same font (Quality Street). I really, really like that font but I'm looking into others. As far as barrel-aged, I'm looking into getting an old whiskey barrel. I already have a barleywine recipe that is aged on oak. Whether that's in a barrel or on chips is yet to be determined.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
tugbucket
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I think it's kind of a shame that there's no 'river' in the logo. Something like http://www.drinkrangercreek.com/ has. Of course I do find their simplicity really kinda cool.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
Durhamite
Vendor, woodworker, BREWER!!!
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I agree. Would be awesome to have a river in there.

Maybe the barrel floating down the river?

LIKE us on Facebook!
Titan88 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
Titan88
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugbucket View Post
I think it's kind of a shame that there's no 'river' in the logo. Something like http://www.drinkrangercreek.com/ has. Of course I do find their simplicity really kinda cool.
Great suggestion! I'm looking for something like that as we speak. I also threw together a quick new logo. Maybe if I decide to go with a more modern theme.
picture3.jpg  

Quick Reply