Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > ez-wine labels

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
djfreshneedles
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default ez-wine labels

Hello! I am a noob, with two gallons of welches under my belt. So far the labels are better than the wine, but they really sell it. Funny, everyone who sampled my wine said the same thing: "It's not BAD.."

Is it possible to post pictures without them already being online? Just wondering.

I used photoshop to make a label, 4x4 for my wine, and then rotated the entire image so that it printed landscape style. Then I use a paper cutter to cut along the top and bottom, the length of the paper. This gives you a strip with the label in the middle. I'm planning to just wrap the strip around the wine bottle and tape the paper to itself. That way, I can change it out and re-use the bottle next time. No glue, no soaking, no mess. Seemed easy to me. There is a "temporary" feel to the whole thing, but it does the job.. I'm about to do 5 gallons of apfelwein (who isn't?) and this seemed like a good idea.

Cheers!

Eric

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
EinGutesBiersSWMBO
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Cool, good plan with wrapping them. Saves a lot of processing time on the bottles.

Show us a pic sometime.

I use ImageShack to share photos online. It's fast and theres no registration.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
djfreshneedles
Recipes 

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][img=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6537/img2506ls8.th.jpg][/IMG]

Thanks for the tip. Here is my label, with the high class set up visible behind.

The second picture shows how it's taped. I'm sure you all can figure that out, but I had the time, since I was just staring at four bubbling jugs.

E
If the pictures didn't work out above, check this link:
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/freshneedles/

Old 02-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
jetgemini
Recipes 

I have a good name for my wine in honor of my dog Murphy I plan to call it Wolfhound Wine and I want to make labels with his picture on them. I spent hours trying the free label sites on line and still no luck. Am I just being cheap or going to the wrong sites?

Quick Reply