The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > D Train Brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
D Rock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default D Train Brewery

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Redid it a bit for the agave wit that I am brewing tomorrow:
D Train Brewery Mayahuel Maguey Wit

Mayahuel is the female divinity associated with the maguey plant among cultures of central Mexico in the Postclassic era of pre-Columbian Mesoamerican chronology, and in particular of the Aztec cultures. As the personification of the maguey plant, Mayahuel was also part of a complex of interrelated maternal and fertility goddesses in Aztec mythology and is also connected with notions of fecundity and nourishment.

Products extracted from the maguey plant (Agave spp.) were used extensively across highlands and southeastern Mesoamerica, with the thorns used in ritual bloodletting ceremonies and fibers extracted from the leaves worked into ropes and cloth. Perhaps the most important maguey product is the alcoholic beverage known as pulque, used prominently in many public ceremonies and on other ritual occasions. By extension, Mayahuel is often shown in contexts associated with pulque. Although some secondary sources describe her as a "pulque goddess", she remains most strongly associated with the plant as the source, rather than pulque as the end product.

Mayahuel has many breasts to feed her many children, the Centzon Totochtin (the 400 Rabbits). These are thought to be responsible for causing drunkenness. Mayahuel is the wife of Patecatl.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
cbg96
Recipes 

Me likey - nicely done.

Drinking - SMaSH ale from Mystery Backyard Hops Version II with less hops and more fermentables - bottled Nov. 17

Deep Reserve - SMaSH ale from Mystery Backyard Hops (into the bottles on October 11); a winner & saving 5 bottles out

Deep Reserve - LHBS Recipe IPA - first effort Sept. 13, good stuff but undercarbed; saving 4 bottles

Old 11-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Freezeblade
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts

I really like the choice of fonts and logo. The graphic for the Mayahuel wit seems a bit horizontally stretched. Also, a wit that has maguey in it...have you ever tried Pulque? *shudder* I guess it grows on you, but it's never been my thing.

Aging:Public House Dry Stout, Procrastination Porter, Mr. Brown Ale, Westvleteren 12 Clone, Mead, Duvel Clone, Graham's English Cider 6-21, Belgian Draak Strong Ale, Fig Melomel, Acerglyn, Restorative Tonic Metheglyn

Old 11-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
C.O.
Recipes 

I really like that engine graphic.

The agave wit label is an awesome concept. I like the graphic on that one too. The only thing I don't like are the horizontal lines behind the Mayahuel. It makes the image a little too busy and distracting. And like Freezeblade said it looks a little stretched.

Quick Reply