Custom Bottle Cap Review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saintdog327

Reaction score
Hello friends,

Like many of you here, I'm a first time brewer. In order to properly celebrate my first bottling, I decided I was going to make some custom caps! After looking through several custom cap sites, I decided I was going find something affordable. Though you may think caps are cheap, it's easy to get carried away and buy 500! Understanding this I went ahead and decided to order my caps from 'BottleMark'. Their site seemed simple to use, friendly on the eyes and relatively affordable. Their site even gives you circular templates if you're one of those people who are NOT savvy with illustrator or photoshop. From that point I drew up my basic design and uploaded it to their interface where I was able to play with the sizing + see a preview of my image on a cap. Once done, I saved my image and ordered 50 caps. The final price was 6.00 + 3.00 for shipping = .12c per cap without shipping price. Depending on the person, it's not too expensive. But you're probably still curious as to what the result was like. Below are Pros and Cons of the final product plus a compare and contrast image.

Pros:
- User Interface was easy to use when uploading / sizing design.
- Shipping - once the product was made - took 3 days.
- Relatively cheap.
- They use a white paint for base instead of leaving it metallic.
- Worked perfectly with bottle-capper.
Cons:
- 30% of the bottle caps were scratched as seen in the comparison picture.
- Finish was not glossy/permanent, it's almost like a thin paint coat.
- Image not completely sharp / colors don't stand out.

Overall:
Though the cap came quick and was priced fairly well, the image quality and physical texture of the caps were not up to standard. If I were to do custom caps again, I would most likely find another company. However, if you're looking for some basic caps with words / images to identify your brew with then I would definitely buy here again (unless of course you find something cheaper).

comparison.jpg

Thanks for the write up. We were about to place an order with them, but we might keep looking around.

I received some caps form this company for a gift. They look beautiful, now I just have to wait until I brew my next stout before I can use them.

My friend got these for me I'm not sure where or how much they cost. It is a cap with a printed sticker on it. I think he was a bit disappointed when he saw that but they are remarkably tough and look great. I sanitize them with no problems with the ink or the sticker. The capper sometimes leaves a little mark that you can only see if you know what to look for and the bottle opener won't even scratch them. I save every one and turn it in to a refrigerator magnet. I will find out where he got them and how much they cost and get back.

bottle cap.jpg

Back