Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Club Tasting Glasses - Nice...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1075 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Club Tasting Glasses - Nice...

Bargainmugs.com

BUT.... they sent the wrong glasses. We ordered and approved a proof for a mini pils glass. I wonder what they'll offer to fix it.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2010, 03:42 AM   #2
aekdbbop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Wow those look great. What kind of cost was involved?

Old 01-14-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
thataintchicken
GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1274 Times on 1265 Posts
Likes Given: 8

looks nice... but if you ordered pils... you ordered pils.

free glasses.. you pay for shipping... call it done

Ginger, how long should I boil these crab legs for? I want them to fall off the bone just like Texas pork ribs. - Ace Club

I'm a meat hunter. - AZ_IPA

Their new commercial sounds lime the crazy fiat music.- Zuljin

Old 01-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aekdbbop View Post
Wow those look great. What kind of cost was involved?
$270 for 108 glasses shipped. That includes the one time $35 screen setup that would not be charged for subsequent orders of the same glass.
Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Old 01-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Ok, so I need some advice. They're being a little more hard-assed about this than I was expecting. First, not even an apology. Next, they asked if we'd like them to send a UPS label back to return the glasses and get the correct ones or if we want a $75 refund to keep these. I said if we were willing to take a refund and keep these glasses, it would have to be 100%, not $75. Otherwise, they'd probably be taking these back for a full refund anyway, paying the return shipping, and then destroying the lot. They said, they would definitely not agree to a full refund and let us keep them.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
WIP
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Ask them for half off and sell them to your members. I am sure they would pay for them, hell I would buy 6 if I was in your club.

Marc Moberg
Assistant Winemaker/Cellar Manager
Inwood Estates Vineyards and Winery
1350 Manufacturing St. #209
Dallas, TX 75207

Old 01-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
janzik

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 17

They look great, and I'm fine with those for the club (yes I know we voted on the other ones). I'd take whatever discount they offer (or maybe try and get some more off) and we can just live with them.

Maybe solicit opinions from the club on our other forum.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #8
Llysse
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Honestly, I'd report them to the Better Business Bureau. You ordered, approved and paid for something different. They sent you the wrong thing, and that sucks for them. But you can't be expected to pay for their mistake. If you send them back, they need to pay for that shipping. If they elect to make the mistakes available for you to buy, the price is up to them, of course. But as for the order you placed and paid for, they need to provide it without an additional cost due to their screw up.

Reason: typos

Old 01-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
Ok, so I need some advice. They're being a little more hard-assed about this than I was expecting. First, not even an apology. Next, they asked if we'd like them to send a UPS label back to return the glasses and get the correct ones or if we want a $75 refund to keep these. I said if we were willing to take a refund and keep these glasses, it would have to be 100%, not $75. Otherwise, they'd probably be taking these back for a full refund anyway, paying the return shipping, and then destroying the lot. They said, they would definitely not agree to a full refund and let us keep them.
They are hard assed because they won't give you the ones you ordered and let you keep the others for free?

How does the solution in bold not make you whole?

It sounds like you thought you got lucky and were going to get something for free and now are disappointed because all you are going to get is exactly what you ordered.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

What I ordered was pils glasses that would be in my hands in time for the next meeting. I can't have that now. I would have been perfectly happy paying full price for the correct item. Part of the purchase decision was a relatively quick turnaround which their error fully diminishes. My point is that they will have to destroy the items anyway. I think the incentive to not have to do it should be more than $75, that's all. I agree that expecting them for free is a bit much, I was just pissed off.

Quick Reply