Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Christmas Surprise Label

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Dadrick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Christmas Surprise Label

My first attempt at a label. This one is for the Spice Ale that is in the primary now. The vector graphics (Inkscape) are much sharper. All comments welcome.

Rick

“Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world” - Kaiser Wilhelm

"Wasser ist für waschen, nicht trinkens. Bier ist für trinkens"
translation: Water is for washing not drinking, beer is for drinking. Poppa Boxhiemer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
IPA_33
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

looks good!

Just add more hops!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Rick, that looks sharp!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
Parker36
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I was expecting a Santa Claus flasher, but this is damn good too. They would look awesome on 22 or 750s so that you can have the text nice and big and legible. Really awesome label, it could be professional.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
cbg96
Recipes 

Very nice indeedy!

Drinking - SMaSH ale from Mystery Backyard Hops Version II with less hops and more fermentables - bottled Nov. 17

Deep Reserve - SMaSH ale from Mystery Backyard Hops (into the bottles on October 11); a winner & saving 5 bottles out

Deep Reserve - LHBS Recipe IPA - first effort Sept. 13, good stuff but undercarbed; saving 4 bottles

Old 10-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Very nice label. Good color selection, fonts, and image selection. You have 2 "i" on a word on the right side but don't feel bad I do it all the time as I hardly ever proof labels before I post them here as I'm seeking feedback on design, but always correct before production. Very nice and a truely important event in the founding of our nation. One of the better days in our history!

Schlante,
Phillip

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Old 11-01-2008, 02:07 AM   #7
Dadrick
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Very nice label. Good color selection, fonts, and image selection. You have 2 "i" on a word on the right side but don't feel bad I do it all the time as I hardly ever proof labels before I post them here as I'm seeking feedback on design, but always correct before production. Very nice and a truely important event in the founding of our nation. One of the better days in our history!

Schlante,
Phillip
SHMBO is slipping. She loves to find errors in copy, and yes she read it. I feel a good tease coming on.

I am planning on a whole series of labels based on the heroic moments in our military's history.

translation: Water is for washing not drinking, beer is for drinking. Poppa Boxhiemer

Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 AM   #8
Dadrick
Recipes 

btw; the four service stars on the bottom left are for my three sons and son-in-law, all on active duty. SIL is in Iraq right now and one son has logged 40 months between Afghanistan and Iraq.

Rick

Quick Reply