Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Cheap and Easy Bottle Cap Labels

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #21
drycreek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I tried to buy some of these labels today and couldn't find them at Staples or Office Max. They had several colored varieties, but none of the plain white labels. Maybe I'll just order from Amazon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #22
millhouse46
Recipes 

Hey jcbrewer. I noticed your labels in the thread for bottle cap labels and I really like the graphics that you came up with. It is better than just text in black and white. Did you do that using the template in Microsoft or did you use a different program to get those results? I have my own ideas for graphics I am just not very familiar with the programs. Thanks.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #23
cormano
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This is great. I love making labels, but there's no way I'm shelling out for ink to label every bottle. I've been using little colored dot stickers quickly label caps, but there are only five or six colors and I've run out. I need to either finish some of these older batches to reuse colors or move on to this idea.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #24
acefaser
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

very nice! subd

Old 02-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
Brewsday
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Avery now has a pretty darn good online design and print app.
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/ go to "Software & Templates" then "Design & Print online" (beats the wizard I used to have installed in Word) It's a little tricky to get them perfectly centered so I try to make designs now that it doesn't matter. (See Adventurous Joe Coffee Porter below...grabbed the graphic right off "Joe's" web site). I also waffle between color and B&W. Then I always stick one on the door of my conditioning chamber. Oh, and every "dot" has the bottling date on it. If you watch for specials Staples has some good deals. My ink is not waterproof so coolers of ice are a small problem. Have fun.

008.jpg   010.jpg  
Everyone has to walk their own path as a brewer. Each home brewer must consider time, cost, feasibility, and results of their efforts. If a homebrewer can strike a happy balance between those 4 aspects, then they are doing it right regardless of the brewing method.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post

Noone should have to defend themselves about what they want to brew or justify it to anyone... This is supposed to be about having fun. In whatever form it takes.

Don't be a troll about it.
thadius856 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
Brewsday
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Oh...the square ones are from a test page (I print on the back of the sheet first sometimes). Also, I stick them in the outside of the boxes I store the beer in. Helps with "Inventory Control". That's my 2011 output! It was a good year!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #27
atimmerman88
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 320 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 783

This thread was just was I was looking for!!!

I just brewed my first batch last weekend and was looking for a way to date code once I bottle. Didn't want to hassel w/ full labels and like being able to ID the beer when in a cooler so cap labels just make sense!!!

Avery 5408 are their 3/4" Round White Labels -

This guy has them on eBay for $8 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avery-Removable-Print-Write-Labels-All-Printers-3-4-5408-1008-labels-/300638583949?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45ff74 bc8d#ht_1527wt_551

Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #28
lgilmore
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 142

they're like $6 at staples. I use em and love em along with different colored caps.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #29
atimmerman88
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 320 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgilmore
they're like $6 at staples. I use em and love em along with different colored caps.
I'll have to check staples next time I'm down that way. With gas at $4 p/gal free shipping just keeps getting more economical

Untapped

Old 04-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #30
jcbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse46 View Post
Hey jcbrewer. I noticed your labels in the thread for bottle cap labels and I really like the graphics that you came up with. It is better than just text in black and white. Did you do that using the template in Microsoft or did you use a different program to get those results? I have my own ideas for graphics I am just not very familiar with the programs. Thanks.
I made them in photoshop, and then used the free avery software to print it to the labels. You could use any photo editing software to make the design really. I think the free avery software even has a bunch of clip art included.

Quick Reply