CafePress Pint Glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Don't know if you guys saw.. but CafePress is now doing Pint glasses... :rockin:

551793567v2_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

http://www.cafepress.com/baretreebr...&utm_source=addthis&utm_campaign=BasicShopPDP

How cool??

Not doubting you, but I can't find where on their map to order custom pint glasses. All I see are the steins and mugs. Can you elaborate on how you managed to find the pint glasses for customization?

They were shown on their homepage in a banner. Then I was able to add it to my shop in the drink-ware category.

How? I can't figure out how to make the good custom stuff on cafepress, only the generic junk. I opened a shop but can't get to the custom glasses, phone cases, or anything else.

I assume you already uploaded your image? Log in, it will take you to your shops list, click on your shop name and it takes you to the shop manager, click on "manage products", then click on the grey button to the left that says "add a product", from there click on the "new products" from that screen, I believe it is a pic of a thermos that takes you to the new offerings, like ipod cases, pint glasses etc, or you can just scroll down to see all the things you can make from the 'add a product' screen.

So user friendly isnt it?

Here is another one, I really hate that you need a different store if you have different logos to go on the same thing, for instance, I cannot have a pint glass with the pale hores logo and a pint glass with the grain reaper logo in the same store, so I have to have several different stores to manage multiple artwork.

palehorse.JPG

hmmm, I don't have a "shop manager" or a "manage products" link. oh well, doesn't seem that user friendly and not sure I'd want it anyway if I can't have multiple logos or designs

You can have multiple logos you just need to add a second or third store.

I have like a dozen stores, going to dump everything but the pints, I have everything else on zazzle now. Better prices and I can have multiple logos.

So, how is the quality of the printing? Are they dishwasher safe? Is it actual printing on the glass or some kind of clear decal? I'm looking to get some done and I'm trying to decide whether to get them done from a place that prints the glasses or Cafe Press so I can do a few variations without having to pay additional set up fees and order three dozen of each etc.

Thanks,

Well, I actually ordered and received my pint glasses since posting the above inquiry so if anyone besides me is interested in how the Cafe Press pint glasses look, here's mine. I did a logo for our Darts Team and wearing the same shirts is lame so I decided that we should all drink out of the same pint glasses :)

As far as the quality and printing, I can't really tell how the image is applied. You can't feel the logo on the glass, so it's not screened on, it's got to be some sort of digital printing process. The color itself is translucent, not opaque so you can see the light (and beer) through the printed area so the color looks a little different when the glass is full. So take that into consideration when you choose your colors.

I'm still not clear on if it's dishwasher safe or not since it didn't come with any directions and I can't find any on the site so if anything bad happens and the image starts to deteriorate, I'll be sure to update my post.

Other than that, I think it's really cool and being able to order one of a different color for each person on the team or adding a name to personalize the glass is a plus over having to order a couple of dozen of the same image via traditional printing methods.
ringsidepintglass.jpg

I finally figured it out! I had to close my shop and then open another before the pint glass became an option. Now if I could only figure out how to move the logo up the glass a little.

558207229v5_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

So far I've run mine through the dishwasher a half dozen times and it doesn't seem to have any affect so it looks like it'll last a while. I think I'll be ordering a few more
ringsidepintglass.jpg

Here is the glass I had made. Im not sure how the image is applied. It is not screen printed, I am guessing it is a sort of heat pressed image. I tried scraping it to see if it would scrape off and it did not scratch, so durability is great. As stated previously, the image is translucent, which I actually like. Overall I am very pleased with these and will deffinately order more to hand out to friends and family!

Glass.jpg

Cheers!

If only I could make a cool logo!!

I had the same wish. I have no clue about computer design. I ended up going through Josh at BrewBrandCreative and couldn't be happier with the experience. I strongly recommend them if your serious about having a logo!

Cheers!

I just ordered a couple as well - I'll post pics once they show up... I am kinda excited about this!

Here is the sample:
559531681v3_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

The semi-transparent logo is sweet... but it gets washed out by dark beers

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

I'm still a fan at this point though!

The pint glasses are great. I wish they had fancier pilsner glasses. I drink most brews from these

winter-lager-photo.jpg

I just love the shape for head retention and feel.

I guess I could get used to some pint glasses emblazoned with my own logo though :)

One of mine has become VERY cloudy... I am not positive, but I think it is from the dishwasher. I have been hand washing the other one and it is still in great shape.

Back