Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 02:39 AM   #81
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 621 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Kämpferstrahl Brewing

The literal translation from German is "fighter jet." I thought it sounded cool, and a German theme seemed appropriate for a brewing operation. It's not the actual term the Luftwaffe uses, but "jagdfleug" is a much uglier sounding word. For those of you who know me, it fits quite well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2007, 02:39 AM   #82
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve
Damn Good Brewing Company
There use to be a Soda compnay in Milwaukee called Dang That's Good. They made an awesome ButterScotch Rootbeer.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:16 AM   #83
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 364 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 128

I have California Brewing Company inc. I have trademarked the name ( cant believe it wasent taken) I am currently many things whithin the CO. but CCO and CFO are the positions I hold. We are working with a local marketing group to get our perspectis finilized and we are off to the invester group. my labels are almost complete (see avatar) and we should be in buisness within a year. Wish me luck
Im gonna need it
JJ

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

Old 09-28-2007, 03:54 AM   #84
Buford

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

The "Flying Dutchman" part of my name was the name I gave the first beer I made. I used the same image that American Science & Surplus uses as their mascot on that original bottle label, referring to the guy in the flying contraption rather than the legendary ghost ship. I liked the name so I decided to use it as the first half of my brewery name, but I dropped the flying guy when I came up with a real logo. The "Unlimited Ale Works" part is derived directly from "Unlimited Blade Works", the character Archer's ultimate spell/attack in Fate/Stay Night, as is the gear motif used in my logo.

For reference, this is what "Unlimited Blade Works" looks like:

FERMENTING: ---
KEGGED/IN STORAGE: ---
KEGGED/ON TAP: ---

DIY STUFF: Sanyo 4912 kegerator conversion

Old 09-28-2007, 10:55 AM   #85
denimglen
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Denimbrauhaus.

I ended up with the nickname denimglen after I started listening to a lot of 80s thrash metal and wearing a lot of denim.

The nickname has stuck for years now, and seemed fitting to use it for my homebrewery, and I used brauhaus just for some German bling.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame story.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #86
newell456
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I'm thinking of going with Bucketman Brewery. Long story

While in college one summer in Marquette, MI, a bunch of us drank beer on the porch of our fraternity house, while tying fishing flys, discussing how boring summer was in a college town with everyone gone but relaxing at the same time. Anyway, the city sent by a wood chipper and a guy in a bucket truck to trim the trees around the power lines, and, for some reason (alcohol), we decided that this was the coolest thing ever and were impressed by the kick as wood chipper and other power equipment . We asked "Bucketman" if he picked up on women by going up to their windows and he smiled and answered, "you know it." Keep in mind that this was a pretty redneck fraternity in the UP where you would more likely find a deer butchered in the garage than mommy's hummer, so it wasn't a bunch of rich kids making fun of the working guy. The guys on the porch were all Yoopers, former military, farm kids, or a combination of all 3. We ran into "Bucketman" since then in local bars and always called him "Bucketman" and bought him a beer, and when people asked him "what was that all about," he'd always respond. "Those are just my fans" and play it off like of course he has fans- you mean you don't have fans? Bucketman was cool like that. He played along really well and got a lot of free beer at the bar and would occasionally stop by the porch for one. Man, I really miss Bucketman.

Incidentally, I am setting up a bar/brew room/lair for Bucketman in the basement that will be dubbed "the Bat Cave." See, Bucketman is such a badass supervillian, that when he needed a lair, he kicked Batman's ass and stole his cave. The new bucketman (lower peninsula version) is a supervillian that empties my beers when I'm not looking, which is the only logical explanation I can find to explain my disappearing homebrew. If your homebrew is disappearing without explanation, he is probably the culprit. I never met the new bucketman, but I hear that he is incredibly good looking.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #87
JewWario
Recipes 

My corgi is the best dog I have ever owned. And I'm not really an "animal person".

Early this year we (my wife and I) learned of an artist named Tasha Tudor and I loved her cute drawings of the Corgis of Corgiville. So I decided to do a drawing for fun of our corgi (Wiggles) in tartan with pipes. When I made my beer last month I decided to put him on the label as a lark... but it fit really well.

So, it's the "Royal Corgi Brewery".

But then my idea changed and I decided to do different corgis for each beer I make. My artistic friends (and my mom) would draw a corgi for the label of each beer in their own style. My mom (very artistic) is working on the Christmas beer label, my friend Shuuki is doing the Thanksgiving beer label (my first lager), and I'm doing the label for my father-in-law's birthday beer (the vanilla creme ale).

Current Brew: Scottish Ale
Brewed Sunday August 19th

Old 09-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #88
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewWario
My corgi is the best dog I have ever owned. And I'm not really an "animal person".

Early this year we (my wife and I) learned of an artist named Tasha Tudor and I loved her cute drawings of the Corgis of Corgiville. So I decided to do a drawing for fun of our corgi (Wiggles) in tartan with pipes. When I made my beer last month I decided to put him on the label as a lark... but it fit really well.

So, it's the "Royal Corgi Brewery".

But then my idea changed and I decided to do different corgis for each beer I make. My artistic friends (and my mom) would draw a corgi for the label of each beer in their own style. My mom (very artistic) is working on the Christmas beer label, my friend Shuuki is doing the Thanksgiving beer label (my first lager), and I'm doing the label for my father-in-law's birthday beer (the vanilla creme ale).
That's friggen great man. My family would love that labeling. Nice work...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 09-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #89
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

Knucklehead Brewery, it's partly a reference to my favorite Red Sox pitcher, Tim Wakefield who is a knuckleballer and part reference to my ability to constantly do stupid things... Yeah, I know, not a very impressive story...

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 09-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #90
IndyPABrewGuy
Recipes 

Muckney Brewing

My brewing venture is named so to pay homage to an old friend. Muckney was the name of my childhood blanket. I have no friggin' clue where the hell I came up with the word "muckney" as a child, but I've always thought that it was a cool arrangement of letters (of course I'm biased) and have always wanted to use it in one of my many amateur ventures (band, short film production company, etc.). So when I started brewing, I figured what the hey, let's use it. The spelling has always varied (mucknee, muq-nee, muqne, muknee, etc), but I thought I'd take the Chef Boiardi (Boy-ar-dee) approach and spell it out phonetically.

I'm not sure if I want to go with "Brewing", it may end up being:

Brewery
Ale Works
Ale and Lagering Facility
Alery
Muckney Brewing Kitchen

But, for now it's Muckney Brewing Company (currently not a company). Next step is a logo.

PS - This is a really interesting thread. Its neat to see how everyone's brewery name came about

cnbudz - Go Wakefield. I loved watching him pitch here for the Pirates.

Primary: Nada
Secondary: The Ultimate Table Beer
Bottled: The Mothman Barley Wine, Hwart's Bitter
Drinking: Water
On Deck: ???

Quick Reply