Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #211
clemson55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 687
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Heres the logo I came up with, I didnt post yesterday cause I didnt have a membership.

old-school2.jpg  
__________________

Primary - Empty
Secondary - Empty
Bottle Conditioning - None
Drinking - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout, Barleywine, Saison, APA, Strawberry mead
In the Works - Summer Rye for my wedding, May 15, 2010

clemson55 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 01:35 AM   #212
theshed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19
Default

Mine is Drunken Knocker's Drinkables. Still working on a logo though.
Knockers are mischievous spirits that are said to watch over underground miners and steal tools and food. Being a miner myself, I like the idea of having a little spirit watching over me. And if a few bottles more than expected happen to go "missing" I can just say the Knockers took them.
And I assure you that the double entendre has nothing to do with it. (OK, maybe a little.)

__________________
theshed is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #213
Adolphus79
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviakitty
I assume I don't get to have a brewery name until I use something other than a Mr Beer kit (tomorrow! Trip to LHBS tomorrow!), but when I do: Cathouse Brewery.

My friends all call me Kitty, and have for years. Back in the day, when I used to play Tradewars on local BBSes, my home planet was always 'Cathouse' (yes, I'm a big ol geek).

Plus, Cathouse Brewery sounds far more cool and hip than "Kitty's Apartment Brewery" (not to mention more mildly risque. )
wewt tradewars... sometimes I miss the old BBS days and all the fun door games... L.O.R.D. and Tradewars were my addiction back then...
__________________
Adolphus79 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 02:48 AM   #214
clemson55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 687
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshed
Mine is Drunken Knocker's Drinkables. Still working on a logo though.
Knockers are mischievous spirits that are said to watch over underground miners and steal tools and food. Being a miner myself, I like the idea of having a little spirit watching over me. And if a few bottles more than expected happen to go "missing" I can just say the Knockers took them.
And I assure you that the double entendre has nothing to do with it. (OK, maybe a little.)
Theres already a brewery which uses the little guys as its namesake. Tommyknockers Brewing Co. they are out of Colorado somewhere.
__________________

Primary - Empty
Secondary - Empty
Bottle Conditioning - None
Drinking - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout, Barleywine, Saison, APA, Strawberry mead
In the Works - Summer Rye for my wedding, May 15, 2010

clemson55 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 02:54 AM   #215
MikeInCtown
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Parma Hts. OH
Posts: 444
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

When I started reading this thread I had no idea what I would name my "Brewery" By the time I read 3 or 4 pages I think I came up with a name, but need to check it somehow.

I went to school at a HS called Valley Forge and I live on a street named Independence. I think it only fitting to name the brewery "The Independence Brewing Company". If I ever come up with my own great brew I can name it after famous battles, generals, declaration signers, or whatever. (much like Great Lakes Brewing does with their stuff)

Does anyone else thing this may be a decent idea?

__________________
MikeInCtown is offline
nspaldi0 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 05:46 AM   #216
Silviakitty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Silviakitty's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Beautiful Downtown Wilmywood, NC
Posts: 476
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus79
wewt tradewars... sometimes I miss the old BBS days and all the fun door games... L.O.R.D. and Tradewars were my addiction back then...
Man, I'd almost forgotten L.O.R.D.... Great stuff.
__________________
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Cathouse Brewery

  • Primary: [2 mr beer lil keg things] Apfelwein. One with sucrose and molasses, the other with fructose and honey.
  • Better Bottle: Empty. Going to be Cheesefood's Caramel Cream Ale.
  • Carboy:empty.
  • Secondary:Brewferm Frambois
  • Piggie: Irish Stout
  • Bottled: Red Ale, Irish Stout
Silviakitty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #217
IndyPABrewGuy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, PA
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInCtown
When I started reading this thread I had no idea what I would name my "Brewery" By the time I read 3 or 4 pages I think I came up with a name, but need to check it somehow.

I went to school at a HS called Valley Forge and I live on a street named Independence. I think it only fitting to name the brewery "The Independence Brewing Company". If I ever come up with my own great brew I can name it after famous battles, generals, declaration signers, or whatever. (much like Great Lakes Brewing does with their stuff)

Does anyone else thing this may be a decent idea?
I think its a good idea. Beer is a huge thematic element in the formation of this country. Unfortunately, the name "Independence" has been used.

There's a couple of them. One in Austin, TX (Independence Brewing) and a Brewpub in Philly (Independence Brewpub).

Other options:

Valley Forge Brewing

Independence Street Brewery

Road to Independence Brewing

Just some thoughts.

Cheers,
__________________
Dave
Muckney Brewing

Primary: Nada
Secondary: The Ultimate Table Beer
Bottled: The Mothman Barley Wine, Hwart's Bitter
Drinking: Water
On Deck: ???
IndyPABrewGuy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #218
MikeInCtown
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Parma Hts. OH
Posts: 444
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Some great ideas. After some thought I think it will be

The Independence Street Brew House

I did a Google check and didn't see anything close.

__________________
MikeInCtown is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2007, 03:48 AM   #219
theshed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemson55
Theres already a brewery which uses the little guys as its namesake. Tommyknockers Brewing Co. they are out of Colorado somewhere.
Yeah, I know. Thats the only reason I didn't use Tommyknocker's in the name. Since everything is staying within my circle of friends right now I don't really see too much of a problem with the name. It is likely to change from "Knocker's" to "Coblynau's" once I actually get more than a few batches under my belt.
__________________
theshed is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2007, 04:03 AM   #220
clemson55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 687
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Just wondered if you knew.

__________________

Primary - Empty
Secondary - Empty
Bottle Conditioning - None
Drinking - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout, Barleywine, Saison, APA, Strawberry mead
In the Works - Summer Rye for my wedding, May 15, 2010

clemson55 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brewery names and competitions Mojnet Label Display & Discussion 12 01-17-2013 04:02 AM
Why the names? oteixeira Label Display & Discussion 48 01-04-2012 10:26 PM
The names! The NAMES! I'm so confused... Satanta Wine Making Forum 7 10-23-2008 10:49 PM
All the new names! The Happy Mug General Chit Chat 35 03-19-2006 09:00 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS