The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #201
Cauldron7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I am currently using the name of Cauldron7. Wy wife comes from a big Italian family, and makes tons of authentic Italian food. She was given the the "Cauldron" (a five callon pot) that has been in her family for generations and has been used to make gravy (Yeah Im the Irish guy who calls it gravy...) for years, even back in Italy. I brewed by first two beers in it (probably not the best move with all the dings in it). Our address and first home is 1204, when added togeather makes 7.

Who knows if I will stick with it, or when i will have time to create a nice label, but I like where it came from, and sounds pretty cool.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #202
bluedragoon85
Recipes 

I'm am new to home brewing and well me and a friend have started brewing together... We were thinking of a name for our home brew and I just joked by saying, "lets call it Das Bier!" and well, he said yeah! The thing is I tend to shout out Das Bier! (English translation = the beer!) whenever we get together and I really want a beer, and so yeah... Das Bier! brewing company... still not sure, but looks like it might be our name...

Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #203
Punx Clever
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Ranch Hand Brewery

Been brewing since I was in 7th grade (kinda, dad had a Mr Beer kit and was lazy), but just started back up again recently now that I'm in college. Decided I had to have a name for my beers.

Since the family owns a ranch back in New Mexico, and that is where I'm gonna be doing my brewing over breaks, I've decided to go with Ranch Hand Brewing.

Label is in the works, but will feature my ranch-wagon ('67 scout) in a position much like this sans doors with a "ranch hand" sitting sideways in the seat. Cowboy hat, chaps, and a stogie for good measure.

Beer names include: Cedar Post Cider (in my cabinent right now), Sandstone Stout, etc.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #204
skifast1

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Tall Grass Brewing ==> our house is in what used to be a prairie field

Primary: echos
Secondary: Nukey Brown
Keg 1: echos
Keg 2: echos
Bottled: Wind 'er Up Winter Ale

Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #205
clemson55
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I am going with Old School Brewing Co. the reason being there is the most awesome 2 room brick school house right up the road that I would like to buy at some point. The name is a goal as much as anything.

Primary - Empty
Secondary - Empty
Bottle Conditioning - None
Drinking - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout, Barleywine, Saison, APA, Strawberry mead
In the Works - Summer Rye for my wedding, May 15, 2010

Old 12-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #206
rabidgerbil
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

At the moment I am leaning toward Floating Bottle Brewing Co. I took a short trip over the weekend, and while I was gone, we had record rainfall. For the second time in the last nine years, my basement flooded. After having to pump out 6000 gallons of water (rough estimate based upon the flow rate of the pump and how long I ran it for) the last time, I thought that I had taken all necessary precautions. I was wrong. This time, the local storm drain system overflowed, finding any place it could to relieve pressure. One of those places is a drain at the bottom of some stairs outside my back door. With no where to go, the water begin coming in under and around the door.

By the time I got home, there were only a few hundred gallons left in the basement, but the waterline is about where it was last time. I can not tell you how much of my stuff is destroyed, mainly because I am not done figuring it out yet. One thing that was destroyed was any cardboard box, especially ones full of bottles. I found bottles clear across the room from where they had started. I was already looking into replacing all of my card board boxes with wooden crates, before this happened. Now I have to do something, so I figure I will just do it right this time.

I don't know if Floating Bottle will stick and stay, but it is sure winning in my mind at the moment.

My LHBS

Old 12-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #207
rabidgerbil
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjon88
I came up with Shaved Goat Brewing one day at work. I came up with a ghetto label for a few bottles of mead Im sending to my family. Just wondering how it sounds?
Certainly no worse than calling a beer Moose Drool.

My LHBS

Old 12-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #208
jatlrdierk
Recipes 

Dierksheide (pronounced daerks-hida) Brewing. It's my last name. Doesn't get much better (or more German) than that.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:56 AM   #209
Silviakitty

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I assume I don't get to have a brewery name until I use something other than a Mr Beer kit (tomorrow! Trip to LHBS tomorrow!), but when I do: Cathouse Brewery.

My friends all call me Kitty, and have for years. Back in the day, when I used to play Tradewars on local BBSes, my home planet was always 'Cathouse' (yes, I'm a big ol geek).

Plus, Cathouse Brewery sounds far more cool and hip than "Kitty's Apartment Brewery" (not to mention more mildly risque. )

• Primary: [2 mr beer lil keg things] Apfelwein. One with sucrose and molasses, the other with fructose and honey.
  • Better Bottle: Empty. Going to be Cheesefood's Caramel Cream Ale.
  • Carboy:empty.
  • Secondary:Brewferm Frambois
  • Piggie: Irish Stout
  • Bottled: Red Ale, Irish Stout

Old 12-06-2007, 06:06 AM   #210
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I think Im chaning mine to

Chugach 49 Brew Co.

Chugach mountian range is a mile from my front window and AK is the 49th State. Lable to follow as soon as I can get photoshop to freaking load.

Quick Reply