Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #1991
45thparallelhopper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I hate my current job, so I've always leaned towards Disgruntled Workers Brewery

Bottled: Dougie-Style IPA #2

On Deck: Blackberry Porter, Up North Dunkel, Dougie-Style IPA #3

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #1992
chefzman
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Mine is z-man brewing co. Based on my 12 years younger little sisters inability to say my childhood nickname correctly. I am currently producing a "crossing crafts" line of brews paying homage to the many crafts I enjoy taking part in... I am a culinarian (not just a foodie, a properly trained, schooled, and got my ass beat up for 20 years in the business professional chef), a musician (rock star actually...at least in my own brain), somewhat of an artist (though most of that talent is in my mothers hands - she helps with label designs), and now a newb brewer. I've been at it for 3 months...brewed and bottles a blonde ale, an ipa and a stout. I really enjoy my newly found craft...

Old 09-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #1993
ShepFL
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Was named just for sh*ts and grins "Crooked Rooster Brews" as in I like chicken wings and brews, plus it sounds better than drunken chicken Now it seems to be taking off. Got 3 sources of investment funding considering our proposal for a concept brewpub with an area for John Q. Public to do mini mash brews located west of Jacksonville, FL (Looking like $500K to make it turnkey). Wife is helping me with some of the artsy fartsy stuff.

img_0725.jpg   img_0726.jpg   img_0727.jpg  

Be the person you would want as a friend because at the end of the game the King and Pawn go in the same box.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #1994
Tritonal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've been bouncing around 3 ideas for a name all related to my current career field in the Airforce.

Weapons grade brewery
462 brewery in honor of the old designator to my career field or
2w1 brewery which is my current afsc

Old 09-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #1995
Fat_Maul
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I recently started shaving my head bald and proclaimed to my workmates that this summer I would have a golden dome. One of them suggested I name my homebrew that. I am also fat so all of my brews will have a fat theme in their name. Here is my first label. In the fermenter, I have "Portlygeist" - a robust porter infused with the spirit of vanilla. Last night I brewed "Chunky Dunky" - a dunkelweizen, I think next time I make the dunkel, I will switch out or add chocolat malt to make it live up to the name.

hefty.png  
Old 09-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #1996
Renegades_Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Renegades Brew is named after one of our dogs. (The black tri-color Corgi)

He got that honor because the Red one got the sausages named after him: Romeo's Sausages

Of course pictures of both!

image-502272364.jpg   image-3128336606.jpg  

Untapped user name: Renegades_Brew

On Deck: Belgian Saison, 3 different Apple Ciders, Raspberry Skeeter Pee
Primary: NG Wisconsin Belgian Red Clone
Secondary:
Bottled: Spiced Perry, Perry, Jalapeno Wheat, Cherry Wheat (217@12oz and 26@750ml bottles), Imperial Blonde, Skeeter Pee
Kegged: Pumpkin Ale #2

Drank: Grapefruit Wheat, Pumpkin Ale, Whiskey Stout, Cherry Wheat, HopNog, Peach Apple Cider, Caramel Apple Cider, Cinnamon Apple Cider,

Old 09-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #1997
jnr1005
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 59

We named ours Liberty House Brewery. Our German Shepherd, Liberty rules the house...so she got naming rights, and rights to all the spent grain and spent grain doggie biscuits she can enjoy. Brewed our first batch last night, and man did she scarf up the grain mixed in with her food.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #1998
BostonHomeBruin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I've been throwing around a few ideas. My girlfriend and I just moved to a town west of Boston, and up until the late 60's there used to be a subway line here called the A-Line. I was thinking of naming it A-Line Aleworks or A-Line Brewing in honor of that. Another idea I had was naming it after the Alewife, a fish from the area that was named because people thought it resembled a heavyset tavern keeper's wife. So I was thinking either Alewife Aleworks or Alewife Brewing. Thoughts?

Old 09-23-2013, 02:23 AM   #1999
geek_chaser
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Mine is geek chaser.

forumrunner_20130922_202118.png  

Dont sweat the petty things. Pet the sweaty things.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:57 AM   #2000
gometz
Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonHomeBruin View Post
I've been throwing around a few ideas. My girlfriend and I just moved to a town west of Boston, and up until the late 60's there used to be a subway line here called the A-Line. I was thinking of naming it A-Line Aleworks or A-Line Brewing in honor of that. Another idea I had was naming it after the Alewife, a fish from the area that was named because people thought it resembled a heavyset tavern keeper's wife. So I was thinking either Alewife Aleworks or Alewife Brewing. Thoughts?
A-Line Aleworks has a nice ring. Alewife sounds... weird. Like you are making fun of your wife.
BostonHomeBruin Likes This 

Quick Reply