Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #1791
Brewday365
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hemmed and hawed for a long time. Finally decided to go with something on the whimsical side: Pensive Perch Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #1792
MicheleE63
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

eMpTy Bottle Brewing

My name starts with M, my Brewing Assistant's [;-)] name starts with T, so it's a play on the M and T. Also, we started out bottling and we were always asking our friends for their empty bottles. It just works.

Michele

Old 12-15-2012, 04:02 AM   #1793
BleacherBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

My girlfriend and I brew together, and a baseball theme was the one thing we could agree on. She also designed our labels. All of our brews have baseball themed names as well.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #1794
DarkBrood
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Dark Brood Homebrewery

Originally a name coined for a computer games company that never got off the ground in the late 90's, I've used it for a few projects over the years....Dark Brood seems to have stuck to the beer, though. Certainly offers a lot of directions to go with in branding imagery. As an added bonus (to me), going commercial would change the name to Dark Brood Brewery, aka DBB. One of my favorite bands is Deep Banana Blackout (DBB - a funk band...used to hang with 2 of the core members back in the day when Jenny first started putting the band together)...have a twisted vision of having DBB play the opening party for DBB....
WRITER: http://BrewsAndStews.wordpress.com TWITTER @DarkBroodBrews
PHOTOGRAPHER: http://Brian-Gibson.FineArtAmerica.com

Old 12-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #1795
joeleaux
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

We're working on a name ... which is driving me crazy since i'm a graphic artist and chomping at the bit to design a logo.

Cheers.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #1796
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Hog Mountain Brewing Co

The area I live in on the north side of Atlanta is known as Hog Mountain. I looked it up after moving here and found it was a historic little place. In the late 1700s and early 1800s, the area was inhabited by Cherokee and Creek. The first European settlers moving to the northern parts of GA from areas such as Savannah settled here. The indians were loyal to the British and a bit hostile. At the beginning of the War of 1812, it was decided a fort was needed to protect settlers and Fort Daniel was erected. In 1813, Peachtree Road was constructed right here to encourage commerce (Atlanta did not exist yet). This area was considered the frontier and the county was named for Button Gwinnett, who signed The Declaration of Independence and was a Governor of GA. He resided in Savannah and never visited the area. He was mortally wounded on the dueling ground in Savannah in 1777.
hogmountain_hi-res-2.jpg  
Tap 3: Empty - APA coming June
Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:
Cold Conditioning: IPA
On Deck: Kolsch
On Deck: Pale Ale
On Deck: Dusseldorf Altbier

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway
Evonnida Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #1797
riverme
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

River Brother's Brewery
Me and my brothers are all named from biblical rivers. I need to change the location on that logo I guess.

river.jpg  
Old 12-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #1798
riverme
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep I'm Jordan,Nyle and Kidron valley.
An thank you

Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #1799
MollyHatchet
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Mine came from a former co-worker who passed away. After work we would go to his place and have a few drinks and unwind. This usually involved disgusting, (yes disgusting) our displeasure with politicians, criminals etc. So out of several rounds of this, his wife gets out a sign she had made for his bar "The Mad Cop Bar". After he passed away in 2001. His wife gave me his sign, which in 2004 I built a 10-12 seat bar in my home, I had to name it "The Mad Cop Bar" promptly displayed the sign as a memory to a good friend and co-worker. I consider the sign as a license to use the name. I have been doing extracts, but I am about to start all grain, and working up recipes I can call my own with names like , hot pursuit, felonious assault, disorderly conduct, aggravated assault, 11 months & 29 days, and the ultimate for a barley wine, "Homicide". I might even use some infamous name like Capone, Jesse James, Son of Sam, the night stalker, or Andy& Barney's summer ale, etc,etc. it's a never ending list of great names for beers.

Cheers!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #1800
GrogNerd
Why must it always be pandemonium?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 867 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyHatchet View Post
Mine came from a former co-worker who passed away. After work we would go to his place and have a few drinks and unwind. This usually involved disgusting, (yes disgusting) our displeasure with politicians, criminals etc. So out of several rounds of this, his wife gets out a sign she had made for his bar "The Mad Cop Bar". After he passed away in 2001. His wife gave me his sign, which in 2004 I built a 10-12 seat bar in my home, I had to name it "The Mad Cop Bar" promptly displayed the sign as a memory to a good friend and co-worker. I consider the sign as a license to use the name. I have been doing extracts, but I am about to start all grain, and working up recipes I can call my own with names like , hot pursuit, felonious assault, disorderly conduct, aggravated assault, 11 months & 29 days, and the ultimate for a barley wine, "Homicide". I might even use some infamous name like Capone, Jesse James, Son of Sam, the night stalker, or Andy& Barney's summer ale, etc,etc. it's a never ending list of great names for beers.

Cheers!
very sorry about your friend... nice that you honor his memory with a bar and some homebrew

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Quick Reply