Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #1641
beltenebros
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

As a new homebrewer, I chose a name just to have fun and sort of motivate myself ...

The Staggering Celiac Brewery

I'm trying to brew great beer that just happens to be gluten-free. In this house of 4 people, I am the only non-celiac. There are some excellent GF alternatives, but not so much when it comes to beer ...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #1642
ArcticBear
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltenebros View Post
As a new homebrewer, I chose a name just to have fun and sort of motivate myself ...

The Staggering Celiac Brewery

I'm trying to brew great beer that just happens to be gluten-free. In this house of 4 people, I am the only non-celiac. There are some excellent GF alternatives, but not so much when it comes to beer ...
When you nail down some good reces I'd love to steal them from you if you don't mind. My mother is celiac and is always looking for me to brew something good and the first attempt was awful

Old 05-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #1643
xuthundercats
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Melted Smurf Brewery
The first time I brewed two Smurfs that were sitting on my microwave shelf above the stove fell into my wort while I was adding the malt. I fished them out and the beer turned out great. I just need to create a logo now.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #1644
beltenebros
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBear View Post
When you nail down some good reces I'd love to steal them from you if you don't mind. My mother is celiac and is always looking for me to brew something good and the first attempt was awful
Absolutely. We've got a Sweet Sorghum Syrup-based recipe fermenting right now, and we're brewing a Quinoa-based recipe next week. Also, there's an entire Gluten-Free section here on HomeBrewTalk. Check it out!

Old 05-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #1645
Warthaug
Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've been brewing for 16 years, and never really had a logo; if people asked I usually used the name of the street I was living on at the time - made for pretty bland names; the sorts of names you find littering the suburbs of small prairie towns, harkening to nicer places (Pineridge, Deerrun, etc).

I finally got around to designing a logo - I was aiming at something humorous that incorporated my job (I'm a medical sciences prof). I started off with Drunk Prof brewing (using the periodic table), but mid-way came up with a much better idea. So I'm putting drunk prof aside - perhaps as a name for a beer one day.

The new logo/name: "helicase brewery". Since the name doesn't necessarily make sense, a helicase is an enzyme that unwinds DNA...I think the rest is self-explanatory.

Any comments on improvements are welcome.

Bryan

Wines: Petit Noir, Liebfraumilch, Shiraz

My blog: Recipes, Wild Yeasts, Yeast Farming, Yeast Exchange & More!
mendesm Likes This 
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #1646
mease19
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Warthaug, I like the new logo. You should stick with the biomedical theme for your beer names.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #1647
EdMerican
Angry Guy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Two Eds brewing. Started out making wine with my dad, and then moved on to beer. Our names are both Ed. Pop has kinda dropped out of my brewing venture, but continues to make wine and drink my beer. I'm a bit of a numbers geek as I work with trig and algebra every day, so the logo is E2 (squared) and whether someone calls it E two or E squared, I am Ed two. So it kinda works either way. My "slogan", should you call it that, is "E=MC(beer)Motherf*$#%&! I will edit later with an image of the actual logo.

"Hell, If it don't turn out good we'll just distill it and get drunk!" - My dad...

Old 05-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #1648
edroberts
WxBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMerican
Two Eds brewing. Started out making wine with my dad, and then moved on to beer. Our names are both Ed. Pop has kinda dropped out of my brewing venture, but continues to make wine and drink my beer. I'm a bit of a numbers geek as I work with trig and algebra every day, so the logo is E2 (squared) and whether someone calls it E two or E squared, I am Ed two. So it kinda works either way. My "slogan", should you call it that, is "E=MC(beer)Motherf*$#%&! I will edit later with an image of the actual logo.
Coming from another Ed, I love the name. Yet, I would have thought the slogan would have been "Two Eds Are Better Than One." :-)

Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #1649
nerdyjackal
Recipes 

Empty Pockets Brewing

It all went into the brew

Empty Pockets Brewing

-it all went into the brew

Old 05-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #1650
tulsabrewdaddy