Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barking Beagle Brewing Company- for obvious reasons :)

Bailey is my brewing buddy. Forgive all the gratuitous alliteration. :D

I was brewing a porter the night the stealth bombers kicked off Gulf war one. BombsAway brewing seemed appropriate.

Dead Tree Brewery

No real story behind it. We just thought it up while drinking home brew one night. :drunk:

Mine is
Elemental Brewing Company
Just registered the domain name last night!
The name came about 'cause I brew in my backyard, and everytime I brew, the wind kicks up. It's a running joke. On a hot, still day SWMBO will say "why don't you start brewing and bring us a breeze".
I like the fact that all elements are present in brewing;
earth, wind (in my case anyway :) ), water and fire.

I'm working on a logo that will include Pagan like symbols of the elements.

Now to figure out what to do with that domain name...guess I'll build a site put up pics, etc.....FUN!!:D
Good Brewin'

Barnworks Brewing Co.

barnview2.jpg

Thirsty Goat Brewing Co.- Thirsty Goat is a midevil torture method where a goat licks at the salted foot of a prisoner until all the skin and muscule is licked off....sort of morbid i know but i always thought it was interesting

Anodyne Brewing Co. I'm a huge Uncle Tupelo fan and its one of my favorite songs of theirs, but I really liked the definition of Anodyne, which is, something that calms you down or relaxes you. Its another term for prescribed narcotics. It just seemed to be a fitting term for beer to me. :rockin:

Wicked Daddy, because my wife says I am "such a wicked daddy".

But if I were to actually have a commercial brewery, it would be H.H. Linke Brewing, after my VERY German Grandfather who taught me everything I would need to know to be a decent human and succeed in business.

Burnt Bottom Brewery

I couldn't help it after I opened up the 3 banjo burner boxes. Oh my poor polished keggles. :cross::drunk::cross:

That's funny and yes, you are right. That is why I have so much respect for him. And, he built his business on an 8th grade education, common sense and "doing the right thing". He lived EXTREMELY well but never at the expense or demise of another person.

I am just getting back into this hobby, and was just discussing this with the wife yesterday so I'm glad I found this thread.

I was thinkin about "The Hellbilly Brewery" (and yes I meant to spell it H-E-L-L), or the "Redneck INN and Brewbub" or someghing like that as some people consider me to be a bit of a redneck :mug:

If not, the other option I have is "Bad Betty's Brewhouse and Ribshack" as BBQ is my other passion/hobby and "Betty" was a nickname I had for many years (don't ask). I am building a covered slab area in the yard, kind of a lowland shack, to become my BBQ area for my smokers and such, and will probably be brewing there as well. So this one might fit.

I'll have to give it some more thought......

Still trying to come up with one, but I'm leaning toward Playroom Brewing. I'm a sports writer and in journalism the sports department is considered by the news folks to be the "playroom." Of course, sports guys are the only ones working on deadline every night. Election nights are about the only time news works on deadline, and they get pizza from the big-wigs for it. Where's our pizza?

Ready to ditch mine again, looking for a third. :/

Still searching for my inspiration... My muse.

Little Turtle Brewing.

My SWMBO in her awesomeness encouraged me getting started brewing while she was pregnant even though she couldn't drink. Little Turtle is what we called our son before we had a name.

I kinda like the ring of Binary Brewing, but I'm tired of computers (long-time hobby turned full-time career).

Hexadecimal Brewing is a bit too much to chew, and Hex Brewing sounds more like witchcraft.

I've debated 2d20 Brewing Co, too. :p

I've debated 2d20 Brewing Co, too. :p
I probably shouldn't find that so funny and it's probably not good that I know what you're talking about.

Binary Brewing sounds pretty good. Plus, then you could use the Brewer's Best bottle caps and tell everyone that they're custom made for your bewery.

DAMMIT! I thought I had a real winner, I was gonna go with Bearded Brewing, as I love my beard. TAKEN.

I may have to concoct a permutation of this, then nab it as mine.

Beardy's Brewhouse, perhaps.

DAMMIT! I thought I had a real winner, I was gonna go with Bearded Brewing, as I love my beard. TAKEN.

I may have to concoct a permutation of this, then nab it as mine.

Beardy's Brewhouse, perhaps.

i like that guy's labels.

longbeard brewing
shortbeard brewing
i dunno the length of your beard.

THinking about changing my "brewery name" to Hehrazz Brewing.

"Oh man... Hehrazz makes great beer!"

"if there's one thing in this world I love, it's Hehrazz"

I could go on all day

Sorry to make everybody change their rolodex:D but I've decided on a name change. My homebrewery will henceforth be known as "Quicksilver Brewing Company". Quicksilver park - Home of Quicksilver Mines - is viewable from my front window.

It isn't a company, but it sounds better with it in there, no?

Quicksilver Brewery
Quicksilver Brewing
Quicksilver Brewing Company
Quicksilver HomeBrewery
Quicksilver Brewing and BurgerWorks
Quicksilver Ales
Quicksilver Quaffables

:drunk::drunk:

Hehehe... She may win the *gamer* street cred.... but these girls win the GEEK street cred contest. :p

125253217_d5beb6bc64.jpg

Wolverine Brewing Company

I'm working on a cool logo. :)

Which was a real brewery pre-prohibition in Pontiac Michigan. But I'm keeping it. Wolverine was my high school mascot. It kinda stuck with me...

Not very origional. But my friend and I label all our beers Basement Brewery. Mainley because he got his first starter kit for Xmas 07, and we made the beer in his basement with a turkey fryer. We have now evolved, and boil our beer, and sparge water in the garage or driveway, but still ferment in the basement! Still not more than 1 month ago we did a 7 gallon all grain boil in his basement with all the windows open, with a 16 gallon keg! I guess the name still fits! Since were from the town of Eagle, Nebraska. We were thinking Eagle, Eagle Head, Bald Eagle, etc Brewery. But we still label bottles basement brewery. My buddy adds some some clip art of beer or steins, and such its all good fun. I still havnt seen anyone else use Basement Brewery, so its either lame, or overlooked. Probably lame!

E&M Brewing is our name. easy enough as its my wifes first initial and my first initial. Erin and Mike = E&M not overly original but a little old english font makes it look nice.

I was amazed there's no mirror of Left Coast yet... I live in Maryland and have been brewing for a few years now - all the while trying to think of a good, regional name (other ideas just never stuck)...

Sane Man Alehouse, in memory of Bill Hicks, easily one of the biggest inspirational figures in my life.

Well I have explained this before but...

We are called "The No Clue Brewery"
I work with 3 other outstanding brewers. The reason we go by our name is that when I wanted to start brewing our own beer one of the other brewers said to me that we have no clue how to brew beer and I said back to him that he was right and that we will go by that name as we brew and the rest is history. We now brew some great beer and do "have a clue" but the name has stuck to us and we love it.

We are out of Acton MA.

I never seem to have problems coming up with beer names, but brewery names are always tough for me.

I'm considering calling my "brewery" Peaceful Valley Brewing Company, since Peaceful Valley is the historic neighborhood I live in. I dunno.

Back