Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery names--what's your story?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #91
FatMonsters
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I originally started with Mulcahey's Brewing, which is my ID. Just my last name...

But recently I have switched to Fat Monsters Brewing Company. There was a guy who worked with us who was a little on the heavy side and looked just like dracula. He was the one who originally brought it up as we were talking about Halloween and he said how he always goes as Count Dracula as his wife told him he looks like dracula. Which he totally does. But the idea popped in our heads about a movie and we ran with it figuring in other cult monsters. Thus born Fat Monsters Brewing Company. I'm starting to name all the brews after the cult monsters (Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein, Mummy, etc.). I have been tinkering with labels, none too good yet. I want the monsters to be happy looking, like they have had too many brews to actually be evil...jolly monsters!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #92
Germey

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Dog Patch Brewery

My wife and I were living in our first apartment together without other roommates when she bought me my first brewing package (most pieces of which are still in use).
It was in across the street from the University of San Diego in a neighborhood the students called "Dog Patch". We love dogs and her childhood dog became the first mascot. Dog Patch was an easy walk from Home Brew Mart/ Ballast Point BC. where I still frequently shop. Dog Patch Brewery has had several mascots and is now located in Carlsbad CA in a garage, which is a big step up from the 2X2ft. coat closet.
Cheers,
Jeremy
lord-nelson-beer-label2.jpg

jeffd10 Likes This 
Old 09-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #93
howlinowl
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germey
My wife and I were living in our first apartment together without other roommates when she bought me my first brewing package (most pieces of which are still in use).
It was in across the street from the University of San Diego in a neighborhood the students called "Dog Patch". We love dogs and her childhood dog became the first mascot. Dog Patch was an easy walk from Home Brew Mart/ Ballast Point BC. where I still frequently shop. Dog Patch Brewery has had several mascots and is now located in Carlsbad CA in a garage, which is a big step up from the 2X2ft. coat closet.
Cheers,
Jeremy
Attachment 2776
When I first saw the name... I was waiting for a "Lil Abner" reference. There used to be a Dogpatch USA theme park in Arkansas years back, went there when I was a child.. I think it's out o' bidness now, but I still have the cookbook somewhere that my late mother bought there.

Allan
Secondary 1: Empty
Secondary 2: Empty

On Deck:

On Tap 1: Yuengling Traditional Lager
On Tap 2: Kayumanggi Ale (pronounced "Kai-you-mang-ghe) Tagalog for "Brown"
Various bottles and cans: San Miguel Premium Lager, Flying Dog Mix Pack, Sierra Nevada Brown Ale

Old 10-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #94
deharris
Recipes 

RoDan Brewing. My brew buddy's name is Roshan, my name is Dan - so together that makes...well, you get it. But it turns out RoDan means a lot of things:

* Rodan a flying monster in Godzilla movies
* Rodan an early-1990s rock band
* Rodan a rapper and member of Monster Island Czars

And for homophones:

* Auguste Rodin (1840-1917), French artist, most famous as a sculptor
* David Rodan (1983-), Fijian Australian rules footballer
* Radon, a chemical element
* Perry Rhodan, the world's most prolific science fiction (SF) series, published since 1961 in Germany

(courtesy of Wikipedia)

Old 10-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #95
Germey

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlinowl
When I first saw the name... I was waiting for a "Lil Abner" reference. There used to be a Dogpatch USA theme park in Arkansas years back, went there when I was a child.. I think it's out o' bidness now, but I still have the cookbook somewhere that my late mother bought there.

Allan
I'm pretty sure the neighborhood name had something to do with the county animal shelter down the hill. Now that I look at the Wikipedia entry for it (sorry, just a bit before my time) I could also see the lil' Abner influence as the neighborhood was very low rent and run down, but sitting on what should be the most prime real estate in San Diego.
Cheers,
Jeremy

Old 10-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #96
DrCRHop
Recipes 

New to the forum here and decided to jump right in. The "unofficial" name of my "brewery" is Boxer Brewing Co. No real story--my wife and I have owned several boxers over the years and just thought it sounded okay. Still working on a label for the beers. I've been brewing for ~15 years--off and on (mostly on, and then mostly off, and now mostly on) and have made a few labels in the past, but would like to try more in the future--although I have absolutely no talent for these sorts of graphic designs. Anyway, look forward to posting on this board in the future.

Any tips on good programs/web-sites that would aid in my designs would be greatly appreciated. I've been to the seal-it.com and like the place, unfortunately you can't upload a picture.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #97
DraconianHand
nudge, nudge, wink, wink
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default 3rd Circle Brewery

3rd Circle Brewery

In Dante's Infrerno, the third ring of Hell is reserved for those who have committed the sin of gluttony. The names of all my beers are usually dark or have some sort of demonic connection.

For example, my Saison Dupont clone:

Ferminatin' - Route 666 Pale Ale

Figurin' to do - Oatmeal Stout, Gueuze, Belgian Blonde, Mild, English Pale Ale, Weizenbock

Old 10-03-2007, 02:29 AM   #98
GIusedtoBe
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've been using "Black Dog Brewery" because.....well I've got an old black Lab that is my beer drinking buddy and i thought it was appropriate to name the brewery after her. I think there is already a Black Dog Brewery in operation somewhere.

Regards,
Al

Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 AM   #99
lostnfoam

Recipes 

for a while i couldn't come up with a name. then after a good night at a brew meeting we had to leave the bar early because there was a bad storm outside and the pub was getting flooded. one of my friends asked me before we left the bar if i had come up with a name and i told him no, he then responed that "not to worry it would come to me soon". well it came sooner then i thought, about 2 in the morning i had the fire company at my door telling me that i had to leave my house becasue Moodna Creek was flooding and the water level had had already rose to my front yard. well thats when i took the name up Moodna Creek brewery, the name littery came to me in more then one way.

Secondary:

Bottled: English pale ale (first AG), cream ale, phat trye, oatmeal stout, imperial pumkin, imperial Ipa, kreik, calowiezen, winter warmer, st john IPA, pumkin ale, pumkin porter, imperial stout, belgain pale ale

Next to brew: coffee brown ale, witenger, belgain pale ale

Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #100
Eastside Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have struggled with finding a name, I live on a street called Pearce, so initially I thought "Pearce St. Ale Works"? Another thing is our town is predominantly divided East and West, so I thought of "Eastside Brewery". But i am also in the heart of the wine country, so I don't know if something like "Wine Country Ale Works" would work? General Vallejo is a historical figure, and our town has his home as well as many Army barricks, so I don't know if incorporating something historical like that would work? Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Eastside.

Quick Reply