Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Brewery Logo Magnet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
MVKTR2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Also another idea is to go to the el cheapo sign place, something like Signs Plus etc. and ask to have a banner/really small sign made. You could have it laminated (for stiffness) then apply velcro to hang it where you want. There's alot of different options. Just go and take a look, just remember to be patient asking them to run it with other orders, being prepared to wait a week or two. Lubricate with homebrew and everything will be okay!

What Chriso said is along the same lines as what I'm thinking. Except be sure to ask for adhesive vinyl first as it's going to be a relatively in expensive solution. The magnetic sign making process involves the magnetic material, the adhesive vinyl that's printed on, and lamination.... more parts = more expense.

Schlante,
Phillip

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Last edited by MVKTR2; 08-04-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #12
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Either vector art (preferable) or rasterized graphics at 200 dpi. You'll get charged by the sq. ft. Have no idea what it'll cost ya (for adhesive vinyl it should be 4-9 bucks per sq. foot you do the math on the size your asking them to print).
$4-$9 per square foot? I'm finding the adhesive final in the $3-$4 range. Full color, adhesive, free shipping.

As soon as my logo is done this week, Im ordering one. I'll post pics.

On Tap: Blonde Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Amber Ale, Irish Red
Bottled: Porter, Wheat, Barleywine, Cranberry Apfelwein, Amber Ale
Buy Bugeater Brewery Gear

Old 08-05-2008, 02:14 AM   #13
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBugeater View Post
$4-$9 per square foot? I'm finding the adhesive final in the $3-$4 range. Full color, adhesive, free shipping.

As soon as my logo is done this week, Im ordering one. I'll post pics.
The original post is asking for a "large magnet". This is what I'm addressing, something you can't print on your average desktop printer. Something someone would need the services of a lg. format printer for. Just being helpful!

For a good cheap sign to hang on the wall. The way to go is to have the sign printed on adhesive backed vinyl then mounted on foam core. Then you can hang it on the wall with velcro. My son's room is Univ. of Alabama themed and I'm making him an Alabama logo 42" wide this way.

Schlante & Roll Tide,
Phillip

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Old 08-14-2008, 12:45 AM   #14
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Self Adhesive Vinyl Logo

Finally got the printed brewery logo.

I ordered one logo that was 24" x 21". The oval dimensions in the pictures below of the bigger of the two. I don't know why I had 2 logos included. Maybe they screwed the size and just included the smaller one, but the smaller one is actually a better size for the top of my keezer if I chose to put it there.

The big one I am going to put on the front of the keezer.

Total price shipped was...

$23.96 for printed logo 24"x 21"
$4.00 for laminating (optional)
$7.00 shipping

$34.96 Total

Small logo laid out on top of keezer

Close up of small vinyl logo

Large logo laid out on top for perspective

Close up of large logo

Ill get an extra pair of hands to help align and put this on nice and smooth. I don't know how many attempts ill get if any. Don't know if once its one..its not moving or if there is some flexiblilty. Ill post follow up pictures and report. The price is certainly right for this large of an image and sticker.

Looks great too, if you do this, make sure you give them as large of a PNG file as possible. 330 DPI 2500x2500 or better.

On Tap: Blonde Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Amber Ale, Irish Red
Bottled: Porter, Wheat, Barleywine, Cranberry Apfelwein, Amber Ale
Buy Bugeater Brewery Gear

Quick Reply