Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Boulevard Brewing Company Labels

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
jhhicks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 60
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Boulevard Brewing Company Labels

WOW! I picked up a 12-pack of Boulevard's Wheat beer (pretty forgettable) and I'm going to reuse the bottles for homebrew. Their labels/glue come off with warm water. LOVE IT!

BTW, I can't recommend the wheat, but their 2 IPAs, the Single Wide and Double Wide are really good.

__________________
jhhicks is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
whoaru99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,589
Liked 124 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Put down a sixer the other evening and haven't tried removing the labels yet but, yeah, I agree the Wheat is, well...just beer.

__________________

Primary: Pre-prohibition Lager
Secondary: Russian Imperial Stout
Drinking: Chinook IPA
Drinking: Waldo Lake Amber
Drinking: Edwort's Apfelwein

whoaru99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
jammin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Meridian, ID
Posts: 1,196
Liked 188 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 126

Default

Aren't they twist tops?

I had a single wide last night and it was a twist top

__________________
jammin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
TNGabe
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,442
Liked 2151 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 2126

Default

Does the wheat come in the same thick bottles as the Smokestack series 4 packs? If so, I'll hafta find some. Love the bottles 'Tank 7' comes in and the labels come off if you talk sternly to them.

__________________
TNGabe is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
jhhicks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 60
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin View Post
Aren't they twist tops?

I had a single wide last night and it was a twist top
These aren't twist tops. If they were I wouldn't have worried about keeping them.
__________________
jhhicks is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #6
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
jammin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Meridian, ID
Posts: 1,196
Liked 188 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 126

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhhicks View Post
These aren't twist tops. If they were I wouldn't have worried about keeping them.
Cool. Happy bottling
__________________
jammin is offline
jhhicks Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #7
drkaeppel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 314
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Default

I highly recommend picking up Boulevard's Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale.

__________________

-Dave

"Give a man a beer, he'll drink for the day.Teach a man to brew, he'll be drunk the rest of his life." -Anonymous

drkaeppel is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #8
highgravitybacon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 891
Liked 202 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGabe View Post
Does the wheat come in the same thick bottles as the Smokestack series 4 packs? If so, I'll hafta find some. Love the bottles 'Tank 7' comes in and the labels come off if you talk sternly to them.
No, the 4 packs of the speciality beers are a slender long neck 11.2 oz heavier bottles. They're more of a euro style bottle. The standard Boulevard bottle is the short fat neck little pry offs like Sierra Nevada uses. They are the my favorite bottles to reuse. As the first poster said, the labels just come right off. That's awesome.

Unfiltered wheat is also available in a 16 oz aluminium can with a pry off lid that could be recaped and reused. They are sold at gas stations mostly. Check the date before you buy. I have seen mostly expired or soon to expire bottles at the stores.
__________________
highgravitybacon is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #9
jesserizzo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 87
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin View Post
Aren't they twist tops?

I had a single wide last night and it was a twist top
Check the date on that thing, I'm pretty sure they moved to pry offs across their whole line up about a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkaeppel View Post
I highly recommend picking up Boulevard's Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale.
Can't agree with this enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highgravitybacon View Post
No, the 4 packs of the speciality beers are a slender long neck 11.2 oz heavier bottles. They're more of a euro style bottle. The standard Boulevard bottle is the short fat neck little pry offs like Sierra Nevada uses. They are the my favorite bottles to reuse. As the first poster said, the labels just come right off. That's awesome.
That's odd, I've had some trouble capping the standard short fat Boulevard bottles. The cap never quite snaps on like with other bottles, and I've had a few actually break the bottle. Maybe it's my capper, the standard black wing capper.

Also, the 4-pack smokestack bottles are 12oz bottles. Also, also, I've never had a smokestack series beer that I didn't like. Definitely worth checking out.
__________________
jesserizzo is offline
drkaeppel Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #10
Brewcrew02
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 188
Liked 43 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesserizzo View Post

That's odd, I've had some trouble capping the standard short fat Boulevard bottles. The cap never quite snaps on like with other bottles, and I've had a few actually break the bottle. Maybe it's my capper, the standard black wing capper.

Also, the 4-pack smokestack bottles are 12oz bottles. Also, also, I've never had a smokestack series beer that I didn't like. Definitely worth checking out.
I had problems with these bottles, too. Plus, they don't fit well in standard sixer carries.

Contrary to above postings, I LOVE their wheat. And SW IPA. And DW IPA. And everything but Zon.
__________________
If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back and hits you, you high sided.

"Gave my 500ml Pacman starter that I made last night a hug and wished it a good day before I headed off to work. He's growing up so fast!! Will be a 2liter starter by Saturday and will probably start ignoring me, think he knows it all and end up knocking up some skanky belgain strain before I know it." ~BigTerp
Brewcrew02 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Use of Company Labels In Bottlecaps for Jewelry jeniferleone Label Display & Discussion 0 03-07-2012 09:17 AM
Boulevard Brewing Company - Nutcracker Jonnio Recipes/Ingredients 19 08-04-2010 03:30 AM
Boulevard Brewing deprecated Commercial Brew Discussion 9 06-25-2010 01:08 PM
Yellow Dog Brewing Company Logo and labels YellowDogBrewingCompany Label Display & Discussion 2 02-16-2009 01:19 AM
What do you think of Boulevard Brewing company funkydrummer88 General Beer Discussion 12 04-15-2008 09:04 PM