Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #491
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2023 Times on 1772 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phischy View Post
I used this when it was all free over a year ago, disappointing to see it's now $5 and there aren't any new labels.
What you noticed was the free labels. Some are concidered premium labels,& you have to pay the one time fee to download to pic file or printer. I think it's worth it,as I too design my own with the modded paint.net software. It replaces microsoft paint with one that has PS features,& is also free.
It's also manual in the sense that you have to use geometric shapes,etc to design labels from scratch. So this labelizer program is a nice change.
I think it'd be nice to make the fonts interchangeable. Not to mention,replace the caligraphic font with a bit more legible one. C'mon,the "K" is an "f"! A couple more colors,maybe.
But overall,It's a great program & I think the labels look really professional in the traditional sense.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #492
Dynachrome
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Andy has not posted since last june.....

Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 AM   #493
fozzie14
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Printing beer labels

Hi Andy.

I just discovered your Beer Labelizer web site. Awesome! A buddy has been ribbing me that he won't drink my beer if it's not labeled, so I'll show him! (I suppose that's more beer for me, but I digress.)

I just became a premier member to contribute to your cause. I tried printing a test label on regular paper, and I'm not sure what size/how many per sheet to print. Also, what do you suggest for label stock? I tried to contact you from the site, but apparently my email client is not set up properly, and I don't know your email address. Thanks!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #494
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

You also need to fix your program to have a password or something. I paid for the premium membership with pay pal 3/6/13. After that day,it doesn't recognize me as a premium member at all,& wants me to pay again.
I sent you an E-mail to fix this. I'm not going to pay every time I want to use it. so fix it somehow so it recognizes us.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #495
Chrisharvey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr
You also need to fix your program to have a password or something. I paid for the premium membership with pay pal 3/6/13. After that day,it doesn't recognize me as a premium member at all,& wants me to pay again.
I sent you an E-mail to fix this. I'm not going to pay every time I want to use it. so fix it somehow so it recognizes us.
There is an email you get with a link. If you go through that link it will recognize you each time.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #496
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

^^^This. Andy e-mailed me back about doing just that. Works again,so thanks everyone. Here's my latest label from Labelizer;

The pic is from a series that my middle son took at twighlight. The "delight" came to me from an old sailor's saying pop,as a navy man,told me years ago. "Red in the morning,sailor take warning. Red at night,sailor's delight".

Dynachrome Likes This 
Old 03-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #497
fozzie14
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default What label printer stock do you use?

I designed my bottle label, but don't know what sticky label stock to buy. Anyone have an idea? It looks like I should be printing 12 labels per sheet.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #498
fastasaturtle
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzie14 View Post
I designed my bottle label, but don't know what sticky label stock to buy. Anyone have an idea? It looks like I should be printing 12 labels per sheet.
I tried pre glued/cut labels and, in my opinion, they are not worth it. Print your label on regular printer paper with a laser printer. Cut them out and use either milk (I used 1%) or a glue stick to affix them. As long as you don't get a lot of extra milk all over, there will not be any odor (as some people have complained of).

Pre glued labels are just too expensive and the only benefit to using them is a little saved time. You have to monkey around with setting up the printer to print on the labels correctly, etc.. Just not worth it for me, but to each his own...

Old 03-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #499
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

I picked up some label paper at the lhbs I'm going to try om my ink jet. Gotta spray it with craft sealer to waterproof them though. This way,I can do 6-8 per page to get the size I want.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #500
Dynachrome
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 469

I tried Elmer's glue stick - the translucent blue version. It went on well and washed off well also.

Quick Reply