New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Anyone use Kinko's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2006, 12:48 AM   #1
iceman1981
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Anyone use Kinko's?

I was thinking of trying the Kinko's idea i read on this board, is that the best/cheapest way to go? The brewshop by me charges like 1.50 a label and stickers are way expensive. Does anyone know what Kinko's charge, and the sizes that the images should be, and what program to use a template?

Right now i am working on my label in Paint Shop Pro 7.0, i have adobe illustrated 10, which i found a site that said was great for making labels, but that program is too confusing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2006, 01:43 AM   #2
jackmoe
Recipes 

I used Kinos for mine. Made them in Photoshop, impoted them into a 4th & Vine template, had them laser color printed at Kinkos, then just cut them out with an exacto knife (the cutter at Kinko's would be even better) and used a glue stick to put them on.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 AM   #3
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Use your computer and make your own. Here's a line for removeable big Avery labels for less than a dime a label.Avery 6464 Removeable Labels 3-1/3"x4"

For my money, this is what I would use and they are easy to peel off when done.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

I get the whole thing about making the bottles look cool, but aren't labels a bigger pain in the ass than what they're worth? Seems like extra costs and extra cleaning.

I'm looking forward to the day I get a bar. Then I'll put some time into making keg-pull labels.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
Recipes 

Liked 340 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 92

If those labels really are easy to remove, I may try them (looks like they are designed to come right off). If they still require scrubbing, no chance. Labels are cool, but I can't imagine going to the trouble of having something printed at Kinko's, cutting them out with a knife, glueing them on individually, then having to scrub them off. I do need to at least start labelling the caps so I know what I'm drinking.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm pretty sure the Avery labels will peel right off.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 08-18-2006, 05:19 AM   #7
jackmoe
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
I get the whole thing about making the bottles look cool, but aren't labels a bigger pain in the ass than what they're worth? Seems like extra costs and extra cleaning.

I'm looking forward to the day I get a bar. Then I'll put some time into making keg-pull labels.
Well, you could say making your own beer is a pain in the ass when you can just go down to the store and buy it. It's just another level of DIY for a lot of the guys here. Do you just want to make your own beer, or your own packaging as well?

I come from a sales and marketing background, so presentation is a big part of it for me.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmoe
Well, you could say making your own beer is a pain in the ass when you can just go down to the store and buy it. It's just another level of DIY for a lot of the guys here. Do you just want to make your own beer, or your own packaging as well?

I come from a sales and marketing background, so presentation is a big part of it for me.
My job title is "Marketing Communications Manager" so I know all about presentation. I'm just lazy. Most of my bottles still have their original labels on them! I've scrubbed and scrubbed, but those damn Corona labels are really stuck on there.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Quick Reply