Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Weekly Sale Priced Recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2011, 03:25 AM   #111
jetmac
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I'm looking forward to an oatmeal stout or a milk stout.

Wayne Gretzky-"100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in

Revvy>>You shouldn't worry about ANYTHING, you didn't hurt the yeast, they know what they need to do, they want to eat all that sugar they are swimming around in. They want to pee alcohol and fart co2, it's their nature.

Bobby_M>>I flood the keg with CO2 for one minute with the lid off, rack the beer in to the bottom gently, seal it, flood it, vent it. If there's still O2 in there after that, F it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #112
Germelli1
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Well Brewmasters Warehouse, I must admit my yeast fears were misplaced in my earlier posts. My package took five days to get here (my fault for ordering on a thursday!). So I made a quick starter and BOOM, foam everywhere!

Thanks for the ingredients and the healthy yeast! I look forward to brewing this up tomorrow!

If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 6 sharpening my axe. ~Abe Lincoln

Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #113
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2653 Times on 2071 Posts
Likes Given: 301

What happened to this?

Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #114
_JP_
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
What happened to this?
The weekly recipe?

I'm guessing Ed's been busy fulfilling all those orders they got from their 2 Labor Day sales.

Working on:
summer gardening

Upcoming projects:
NG line for outdoor burner

Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #115
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 466 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmasters Warehouse
Couple of notes that each recipe will be on sale until I change it. The length of time will be determined by when I change them not a specific date. Sometimes I am more on top of it then others so some recipes may go longer than a week so may go slightly shorter.
The last kit is still on sale. Order away.
Mikeysab on untappd.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #116
Brewmasters Warehouse
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

Wow guys thanks for sticking up for me. I do understand what the poster is saying and I should do a better job of posting these up. There are 2 main reasons why I slack from time to time on these. 1. I am very busy running the business and we are still a very small company so I have to do all of updating of products on the website. 2. Adding products is very tedious and time consuming, plus I don't enjoy doing it much, so I tend to put it off since I have a lot of other things to do as well.

OK now on to the fun stuff. Between yesterday and today I have finally finished getting the new sale recipe up and going. First post is updated and here are the links as well.

Sale Priced King Czar Stout - Extract

Sale Priced King Czar Stout - PM

Sale Priced King Czar Stout - AG

Time for a big old RIS. This one is a good one and has won a bunch of awards, so brew it and enjoy.

Thanks,

Ed

Purchase a recipe with Brew Builder and save 10% off the recipe. Use discount code: BBBYO

Become a fan of BMW on Facebook.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #117
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2653 Times on 2071 Posts
Likes Given: 301

Has anyone made the Czar stout recipe that's up right now? Just ordered this one today, im pretty excited about it actually. Ed, have you made this one personally?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #118
Brewmasters Warehouse
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber
Has anyone made the Czar stout recipe that's up right now? Just ordered this one today, im pretty excited about it actually. Ed, have you made this one personally?
I have made it personally. This is one of the top tier recipes on the website. People have won lots of awards with King Czar. I know it took 1st in Stouts at Peach State Brew Off this year.

Purchase a recipe with Brew Builder and save 10% off the recipe. Use discount code: BBBYO

Become a fan of BMW on Facebook.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #119
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Yep, made it a year ago and put it in a bourbon barrel to age for 6 weeks. Fast forward a year....it's glorious.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #120
sychosomat
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I actually just transferred mine to secondary on Tuesday (brewed it about 2.5 weeks before that).

I chose extract because I wanted an easier brew day and added a bit of extra specialty grain and DME to get the ABV up a bit (I just like messing with ordered recipes, nothing against the original brewmasterswarehouse!), but I don't think it make a huge difference. I bought a second pack of nottingham to pitch to get my cell count up and kept fermentation around 68 (liquid temps) for the duration. So far the samples have been very good, but hot tasting as I expected. There is a solid level of hop bitterness and aroma, right around what I wanted. The flavor had all of the rich stout flavors, but they were hidden by the alcohol somewhat 2 weeks after pitching. With a few months, I think this beer will be my go to this winter.

I definitely have high hopes. I am also planning an epic label to match the nature of the brew. I would recommend it.

Quick Reply