The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Vinnie Bottles now at Rebel Brewer 375ml Belgian

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
Irrenarzt
HNIC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 154 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quick question Rebel people. Do y'all accept paypal as a form of payment?

On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
Rebel_Brewer
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Yepper, During check-out there is an option for CC or PayPal.

Our Store: Rebel Brewer Homebrew Supply
and
On FaceBook: www.facebook.com/rebelbrewer

Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #13
Irrenarzt
HNIC

Recipes 

Sweet I'll order a couple boxes.

Edit: 4 boxes along with corks and cages ordered. Thanks Tom!

On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
ocluke
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_Brewer View Post
And yes, Rebel is the first homebrew shop to offer these, but as soon as the other shops see that we have them, some of them will have them, too. Hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!
Whether they're imitating you or simply ordering supplies from the same bottle vendor because they are now available from United Bottles, I'm cool with it. Good bottle selection locally is a hard thing to find. I'm guessing shipping makes these fairly cost prohibitive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nateo View Post
2 things I wish for, but can't find anywhere: 375ml bottles that accept a 26mm crown and can take 5 volumes of CO2, and 750ml American Champagne bottles in brown. I don't care for corks and cages, but like my beers fizzy.
Check out the extensive catalog at United Bottles. There are a lot of beer bottles listed there. It looks like the minimum size order is pretty big, but maybe you can talk your LHBS into ordering the type you like. There are some bottles I would like to order as well, but I unless I can arrange for a group buy, it might not happen.

Last edited by ocluke; 05-01-2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: type before i think

Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Nateo
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 35

OCLuke - Wow, that's a lot of bottles. Maybe some brew stores will start carrying the Vinnie pry-offs. 336g is a pretty stout bottle. My Piraat bottles are only 283g.

To paraphrase Dr. England - "Off-flavors smooth with time. So do mountains. Brew it right from the start!"

My blogsite: http://nateobrew.blogspot.com/

Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #16
xsists
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_Brewer
And yes, Rebel is the first homebrew shop to offer these, but as soon as the other shops see that we have them, some of them will have them, too. Hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!!
Northern Brewer did say in a BTV episode that they will have them a month or so ago...

Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
Rebel_Brewer
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocluke View Post
Whether they're imitating you or simply ordering supplies from the same bottle vendor because they are now available from United Bottles, I'm cool with it. Good bottle selection locally is a hard thing to find. I'm guessing shipping makes these fairly cost prohibitive?
What? A company made a braggadocios comment in an advertisement?!? Let me show you my shocked face...
Obviously, these would be available to any shop and the comment about imitation was just a friendly jab. Contrary to what some might think, most homebrew suppliers are not out to get each other, in fact the opposite is true. We are more likely to help each other. I know from my own experience that between the big shops, Rebel Brewer, Austin, Brewmaster's (Hey Ed), MoreBeer etc., we are always willing to help each other out. Not in a collusive way, but in sourcing product or commiserating about difficult customers or marketing advice, whatever. It's a fairly unusual business in that we are all brewing brothers and sisters, and that includes shop owners and we typically treat each other as family. We aren't out to steal each other's customers, there would be little prize in juggling the same handful of customers back and forth when there are many "soon to be" brewers out there. Probably 20 times the amount of people that have thought about brewing than those who are currently brewing. We know that the big prize is in bringing new brewers into the hobby. That is good not just for the suppliers, but for all homebrewers. Because the bigger the Brewing Nation gets, the better things get for all of us in the form of new products, new technologies, fresher ingredients and a wider assortment of them, more shared information and discovery, the list of benefits go on and on. We should all be motivated to bring more people into the hobby. The southeastern rep for Stone Brewing commented to me that we should strive to create a culture in the craft brew world that subscribes to the philosophy of "Each One, Teach One", because as our sub-culture grows, things get better for all of us.
And yes the shipping is pretty cost prohibitive. Shipping from Canada to us was almost $600 for the first pallet and they won't let us do mixed pallets. In the case of the Vinnie bottles, that would be 152 cases of the same style. Which brings me to my next point......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nateo View Post
OCLuke - Wow, that's a lot of bottles. Maybe some brew stores will start carrying the Vinnie pry-offs. 336g is a pretty stout bottle. My Piraat bottles are only 283g.
We were going to get the crown finish (pry-off) version of the Vinnie, but we wanted to see how the cork ones do first. If there is a strong enough demand for the bottle cap version, we will bring in a pallet with our next shipment.

and

Old 05-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
Nateo
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Do you sell a lot of corked bottles? If so, that's surprising to me.

26mm Crowns are easy for me, since I have already have a wing capper and bench capper. Corks, not so much. Do a lot of brewers have corkers? Do a lot of them have corkers that will work with those short bottles?

Since those bottles will probably cost a lot of money to buy and ship to me, I don't really want the added cost of a corker to be able to use them, so I'll wait for the pry-offs.

To paraphrase Dr. England - "Off-flavors smooth with time. So do mountains. Brew it right from the start!"

My blogsite: http://nateobrew.blogspot.com/

Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #19
Rebel_Brewer
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Most of.... let me rephrase that... All of the demand for these bottles from our customers has been for the Corkable version. Although the cappable version is cool, we already sell 12oz cappable bottles. And there is something alluring about the presentation of a bottle with a cork and wire cage that adds to the perceived value of of it to the person opening the bottle.
A double lever corker runs about $17. But, like I said. If people are asking for the other one, we will carry it. We are at your service.

Cheers,
-Tom

and

Old 05-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #20
Irrenarzt
HNIC

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_Brewer View Post
Most of.... let me rephrase that... All of the demand for these bottles from our customers has been for the Corkable version. Although the cappable version is cool, we already sell 12oz cappable bottles. And there is something alluring about the presentation of a bottle with a cork and wire cage that adds to the perceived value of of it to the person opening the bottle.
A double lever corker runs about $17. But, like I said. If people are asking for the other one, we will carry it. We are at your service.

Cheers,
-Tom
Tom, I've not yet done any corking but I plan to as I've been brewing a lot of higher carbonation Belgians and the like lately so regular bottles won't cut it. What corker will we need to properly cork these Vinnie bottles?

Quick Reply