Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Updated website - Weldless Fittings back in stock.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #21
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 42,825
Liked 2771 Times on 2720 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Default

Do you have any thermometers that are more precise? 5° markings aren't too useful (IMO) for sparge water where a few degrees makes a difference.

__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo
IrregularPulse is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #22
BargainFittings
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
BargainFittings's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allen TX
Posts: 1,906
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevIP View Post
Do you have any thermometers that are more precise? 5° markings aren't too useful (IMO) for sparge water where a few degrees makes a difference.
Yes,

I am phasing in a new thermometer that has 2 degree increments, calibration screw and a dual F/C scale. 0-250

I just need time to update the website.
BargainFittings is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #23
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 5,420
Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default

Any chance of carrying shorter stem thermo's?

btw - other vendors should wake up to how clean & easy your site is, or maybe not. LOL

__________________
samc is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #24
BargainFittings
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
BargainFittings's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allen TX
Posts: 1,906
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samc View Post
Any chance of carrying shorter stem thermo's?

btw - other vendors should wake up to how clean & easy your site is, or maybe not. LOL
I carry the shortest one they make with 2.5" probes.

How short do you need it?
BargainFittings is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #25
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 5,420
Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainFittings View Post
I carry the shortest one they make with 2.5" probes.

How short do you need it?
I did not notice the 2.5" ones. Would it be "I am phasing in a new thermometer that has 2 degree increments, calibration screw and a dual F/C scale. 0-250" those or the old style?

Thanks
__________________
samc is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
BargainFittings
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
BargainFittings's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Allen TX
Posts: 1,906
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samc View Post
I did not notice the 2.5" ones. Would it be "I am phasing in a new thermometer that has 2 degree increments, calibration screw and a dual F/C scale. 0-250" those or the old style?

Thanks
The new thermometers are as posted on the website. Refresh your browser when you look at it to be sure the new picture shows.

They all will have the 2 degree tick marks. White background, black and blue print for the scales. Calibration screw.

Thanks.
__________________

Wayne


Stainless Weldless kits and Flat $5.00 shipping to USA 50 States!
NEW - KENT CARBONATION CAPS AND QUICK DISCONNECTS

BargainFittings.com

BargainFittings is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #27
jim4065
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 176
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
is what is one your site all you have? I need a threaded bushing with 2in. male threads to 1/2 in. female. to finish my new mash tum.

thanx
No - many of the parts that he sells are not shown on the website. He's filling an order for a 1/2" to 3/8" NPT bushing for me right now. Just use the "Call" button (under "Contact") to talk to him on his nickle.
__________________
jim4065 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #28
redbenn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 133
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainFittings View Post
The new thermometers are as posted on the website. Refresh your browser when you look at it to be sure the new picture shows.

They all will have the 2 degree tick marks. White background, black and blue print for the scales. Calibration screw.

Thanks.
I am wondering the appropriate stem length for use in a converted keg boil kettle using the weldless fitting. Would 4" or 2.5" be better?
__________________
redbenn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #29
klyph
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Pole, Alaska
Posts: 1,809
Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbenn View Post
I am wondering the appropriate stem length for use in a converted keg boil kettle using the weldless fitting. Would 4" or 2.5" be better?
I believe the 2.5" is best for just the thermometer, and the 4" is for the sight glass/thermo combo.

Not for sure though.
__________________
10 gallon electric system
Stovetop 110v single vessel 5 gallon system

Primary: saison
Secondary: nada
Conditioning: macaroon stout
Drinking: store bought
klyph is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #30
redbenn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 133
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyph View Post
I believe the 2.5" is best for just the thermometer, and the 4" is for the sight glass/thermo combo.

Not for sure though.
Wayne got back to me...
Quote:
If you use an immersion chiller the 2.5" stems will allow more room in the kettle.

Either will read the temperature fine.
__________________
redbenn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weldless Fittings vs. Welded Fittings for Keggles Stevorino Equipment/Sanitation 42 10-29-2012 11:07 AM
weldless fittings... coolbeerluke Equipment/Sanitation 25 10-30-2008 03:42 PM
Weldless fittings Nostrildamus Equipment/Sanitation 4 08-16-2007 02:19 PM
Updated pics on my website finally. Beermaker General Chit Chat 6 03-07-2007 01:26 PM
Weldless fittings Dude Equipment/Sanitation 23 03-26-2006 05:04 AM