Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Strainers, Baskets and more!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
CBK
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thank you Zach for yet another great product. Just ordered one of these bad boys! Have a IIPA in primary right now so this is right on time. No more strainer bags in the keg. To anyone reading this you cannot go wrong ordering from this vendor. I have his hop basket, herms coil, misc. fittings and tubing. Could not be more pleased with the quality and workmanship.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
Huaco
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 111 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBK View Post
Thank you Zach for yet another great product. Just ordered one of these bad boys! Have a IIPA in primary right now so this is right on time. No more strainer bags in the keg. To anyone reading this you cannot go wrong ordering from this vendor. I have his hop basket, herms coil, misc. fittings and tubing. Could not be more pleased with the quality and workmanship.
Could not have said it better.
I have MULTIPLE order history with Zach and StainlessBrewing.com. Communication is excellent and the quality of his products ESPECIALLY his own manufactured products are TOP-NOTCH! I am putting the finishing touches on a Double-IPA I will be brewing soon. It will be a good time to test both hop strainers I have. Boil strainer as well as the new Dry-Hopper. I will eventually be upgrading my copper HERMS coil to one of Zach's SS coils. Right now, I am fleshing out the other functional features of the brewery and getting by with my copper HERMS coil in my Electric Brewery.
StainlessBrewing Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
jsguitar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 412

Zach, I have the 8-5/8", #40 mesh stainless spider and the quality looks terrific.

I have trimmed it down to sit above my heating elements and am hoping to finally use it this weekend.

I was wondering, how do think it would perform with all whole hops? Too fine? Whole hops are all I have right now. I was thinking of throwing them in the Cuisinart to simulate pellets but I'm not sure if that's needed.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #14
tasq
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Just ordered my dry hopper.

StainlessBrewing Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #15
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Thanks guys! I realize we're not the only option for baskets and strainers and have to say I'm pleased about that! These take a lot of my time to build and I've thought about it many times to stop but they're great to have and it's a high demand item. We're always looking to improve our products and service so feedback on HBT and the website is always helpful for us and others. I appreciate the support.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsguitar View Post
Zach, I have the 8-5/8", #40 mesh stainless spider and the quality looks terrific.

I have trimmed it down to sit above my heating elements and am hoping to finally use it this weekend.

I was wondering, how do think it would perform with all whole hops? Too fine? Whole hops are all I have right now. I was thinking of throwing them in the Cuisinart to simulate pellets but I'm not sure if that's needed.
I think as long as you have a good boil you'll be fine as far as utilization but draining might be an issue. I do have some 30 and number 8 mesh in stock if you ever want to have another option or I can order in something you have in mind. The local Microbrewery loves the 8 but they're doing an 8BBL system and they whirlpool.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #17
jsguitar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessBrewing View Post
I think as long as you have a good boil you'll be fine as far as utilization but draining might be an issue. I do have some 30 and number 8 mesh in stock if you ever want to have another option or I can order in something you have in mind. The local Microbrewery loves the 8 but they're doing an 8BBL system and they whirlpool.
After I try this, I may hit you up for a different mesh size so I can swap them out depending on which type of hops I'm using. It seems like that would be ideal and easy to do with the clamp system on these.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsguitar

After I try this, I may hit you up for a different mesh size so I can swap them out depending on which type of hops I'm using. It seems like that would be ideal and easy to do with the clamp system on these.

Thanks!
Good point. Might be nice to have an option for whole hops and pellets. I'm thinking around 18 or 20. This mesh size will make the basket more rigid as well.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
greenbirds
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkmonk59 View Post

PS. Any chance in the future you could fabricate these for a 2 1/2 or 3 gallon corny?
I do a lot of split batches to experiment with hop varieties. I will probably buy 2 of these when you have the smaller size ready to go!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 96

I use teh 50 mesh with whole hops all the time. Works great.

Quick Reply