Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Stainless Steel Bottles and Growlers..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #11
DeepWoodBrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATC1TY View Post
Looks cool, but the normal growlers screw top, or swing top will keep their carb levels for atleast a week in my experience if they are kept cool, and aren't shook to death after they have been opened.

Some people will want to carb in the growler, but at only being 64oz, you'd need 10 of those for a batch if you were to carb in them.
Yes, exactly the idea behind this growler is that you could easily bottle a batch of beer in 10 of these and have them ready in the fridge..once the beer is primed..these growlers will stack on top of one another allowing the brewer to store them all in the fridge at once. And yes...these will keep their carbonation for over a week if one or two glasses are removed and then capped up...however when there is only about a glass or less left..the carbonation seems to dissipate after about the fifth day...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #12
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepWoodBrew View Post
Yes, exactly the idea behind this growler is that you could easily bottle a batch of beer in 10 of these and have them ready in the fridge..once the beer is primed..these growlers will stack on top of one another allowing the brewer to store them all in the fridge at once. And yes...these will keep their carbonation for over a week if one or two glasses are removed and then capped up...however when there is only about a glass or less left..the carbonation seems to dissipate after about the fifth day...
So like the previous poster said, $300 bucks, you could get a kegging set up for close to the same price, and won't have to deal with ANY loss of carbonation at all.

These would be nice to take on trips, or travel when you want to share a bulk load of brew with people and didn't need bottles I guess.

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

Old 11-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
graduate
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Look at this.
http://www.kegworks.com/stainless-steel-beer-growler-64-oz-1545-p175682?_s_icmp=nextopia

Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4378 Times on 3185 Posts
Likes Given: 854

Northern Brewer has stainless growlers in their catalogue, and I have to admit that I want one. Really Bad! But they are too $$$$ for me.

They are really nice, though and work make great gifts for a brewer.

Here's what theirs look like: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/hydroflask-growler.html

I would definitely be interested in one, but only if the price is lower or if I could persuade someone to get one for me for christmas!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
terrapinj
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 533

the hydroflask ones are so expensive because they are double wall/vacuum insulated

i like this flip top style and the price is def right
http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/store/details.php?prodId=285&category=4

edit: same style and price as kegworks

Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #16
ThreeBrothersBrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Cool idea. Would be interested in some more pics. The flip tops are nice but I don't trust them for things like camping.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #17
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4378 Times on 3185 Posts
Likes Given: 854

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapinj View Post
the hydroflask ones are so expensive because they are double wall/vacuum insulated
Yes, that is why I want one, though! I mean, if there isn't much benefit (other than not dropping one, and I NEVER drop beer!) then why go with stainless over glass?

I want it to be double wall, to be well insulated, even though I have a nice growler cooler/holder because I take beer to go in a growler. I would never prime or condition in a growler, as I hate yeast sediment in my beer and I wouldn't be able to pour a whole pitcher at one time.

I'm NOT pooh-poohing these! I'm just saying why a stainless container that isn't well insulated isn't something I'd purchase. I'm always looking at the advantages of one product over another.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #18
br1dge
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Have y'all seen this? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/380990171/the-freshcaptm-hits-the-beer-scene-co2-injection-s

Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #19
terrapinj
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Yes, that is why I want one, though! I mean, if there isn't much benefit (other than not dropping one, and I NEVER drop beer!) then why go with stainless over glass?

I want it to be double wall, to be well insulated, even though I have a nice growler cooler/holder because I take beer to go in a growler. I would never prime or condition in a growler, as I hate yeast sediment in my beer and I wouldn't be able to pour a whole pitcher at one time.

I'm NOT pooh-poohing these! I'm just saying why a stainless container that isn't well insulated isn't something I'd purchase. I'm always looking at the advantages of one product over another.
the non-breakable factor as well as the total blackout/no light penetration are both advantages to me over glass but i'll pony up for the hydroflask one of these days

Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
DeepWoodBrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Thank you all fellow brewers for your comments, I would like make a correction on the price of this stainless steel growler, I misquoted the pricing. We are going to be releasing this growler on the market for around $28 bucks. I realize the cost is significantly more than others, however I the benefits of this stainless steel growler are endless. Please keep your eye out for.. Deep Wood Brew Products we are coming soon..

Quick Reply