Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Stainless Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
crazyseany
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Freebie?! I'll take that one! Of course I didn't read anywhere that "keg not included" so I'll send you my address! Lol

These are nice looking...can't wait to see pricing especially if its as good as the rest of your items...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #12
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 135

How does $27.99 sound for a kit including one bag? I'm still trying to find something for bulk quantities on the strainer bags but this price should cover it. Either way I'm going to get some going but if you're interested, please email me at gostainless@stainlessbrewing.com so I know who to ship to first.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #13
OneHoppyGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 52

A very good price... how about vendor discount?

Brewright. All Rights Reserved. We reserve the right to brew and to help you brew. To protect the brew and defend the brew. To make the brew and drink the brew.

BrewSteel.com
BrewSteel on Facebook

Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
Demon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Email sent!

Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #15
Alchemy
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessBrewing View Post
How does $27.99 sound for a kit including one bag? I'm still trying to find something for bulk quantities on the strainer bags but this price should cover it. Either way I'm going to get some going but if you're interested, please email me at gostainless@stainlessbrewing.com so I know who to ship to first.
What are the dimensions across? Would love one of these if it will fit across my spiedel braumeister 20l
Bottled Bog Monster Cranberry Grape Melomel, Grape Burn and Pillage Pyment
Kegged A Dark Ale w/No Name, Tosh's Cinnamon Challenge Cider, Carabou Slobber

Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #16
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy

What are the dimensions across? Would love one of these if it will fit across my spiedel braumeister 20l
What's the dimensions? I can make you something a little different. The main objective with this is to keep it from some how falling apart or off while boiling. Can you send me a picture with the total width of your setup? I have an idea.

Last edited by StainlessBrewing; 05-17-2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: I meant what's the dimensions of your spiedel braumeister

Old 05-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #17
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Could you make one with either a 6" or 8" diameter ring?

I'm using a 6" diameter stainless hop spider now. I also have an 8" ring that I'm thinking about making into another spider. I simply drill and tap three holes into the ring, then send 1/4" threaded rod through it with an acorn nut on the inside, with lock washer and nut on the outside. That way the bag doesn't get ripped. I also use a stainless worm clamp (thumb screw on my 6" ring) to hold the bag in place.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 05-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #18
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Could you make one with either a 6" or 8" diameter ring?

I'm using a 6" diameter stainless hop spider now. I also have an 8" ring that I'm thinking about making into another spider. I simply drill and tap three holes into the ring, then send 1/4" threaded rod through it with an acorn nut on the inside, with lock washer and nut on the outside. That way the bag doesn't get ripped. I also use a stainless worm clamp (thumb screw on my 6" ring) to hold the bag in place.
I could but it wouldn't be as nice for the price. This design is strong, easy to break down for storage and most importantly...affordable. 4" should be big enough to add the hops. If someone needs an 8" diameter to add hops to their 10-15 gal boil, they might need to cut back on the homebrews while brewing. This is just my own opinion but I understand some people have dreams and sometimes they're big.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:06 AM   #19
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

I'm looking for the larger diameter ring so that the bag can expand more, giving the hop pellets more area/room to move about. I've been using the 6" ring because it's easy to dump the hops into, and I don't need to be that precise. IMO, a 4" ring is getting close to 'too F'ing small' to be good.

My design works too, and it involves zero welding. I don't have to tap the holes I drill, I just choose to.

BTW, I never drink enough to be impaired while brewing. Partially because I don't want to F up the batch, but also because I then need to drive home after we're done.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 05-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #20
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
I'm looking for the larger diameter ring so that the bag can expand more, giving the hop pellets more area/room to move about. I've been using the 6" ring because it's easy to dump the hops into, and I don't need to be that precise. IMO, a 4" ring is getting close to 'too F'ing small' to be good.

My design works too, and it involves zero welding. I don't have to tap the holes I drill, I just choose to.

BTW, I never drink enough to be impaired while brewing. Partially because I don't want to F up the batch, but also because I then need to drive home after we're done.
I hear ya. I didn't mean to offend you and wasn't trying to be negative with your design or how you brew. I completely understand where you're coming from and I love easy! I was just trying to keep it at a cheap cost is all. I can make a 30" if needed it would just require more money that some just don't want to spend. I saw your spider and it looks like does a great job. Hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Quick Reply