The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > Simcoe, Amarillo, & Citra!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #41
cwheel
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobie View Post
I think he has said elsewhere that they limit the amount of grains for free shipping. You do realize that grain costs a lot to ship and with his prices the margins are slim. Looks to me that you tried to get 70-80 pounds of grain shipped free. Do you expect them to lose money by selling to you?
Seriously. $130 of grain means you're buying upwards of 100 lbs. Go to UPS.com and figure out how much that costs. From 08902 to my zip in VA, it costs $76. And that's a short distance.
Citra / Cascade IPA Test Batch #1
PLANNED
Imperial Red Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #42
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 430 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 525

It wasnt $130 in grain. It was $137 for ALL the ingredients I needed...25 oz worth of a variety of hops, liquid yeasts for half a dozen batches. So down talk someone when you have your facts straight, not make a pompous assumption im expecting free shipping on 100+ pounds of grain.

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Red, Wheat, and Blue
Primary : Mango Cream Ale
Primary : Soon To Be Filled
On Tap : Atocha Amber, Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout 2.0

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Old 05-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #43
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

So again...thank you for the hard to find varieties of quality hop strains

EAC - 5/2/14

Old 05-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #44
cwheel
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing View Post
It wasnt $130 in grain. It was $137 for ALL the ingredients I needed...25 oz worth of a variety of hops, liquid yeasts for half a dozen batches. So down talk someone when you have your facts straight, not make a pompous assumption im expecting free shipping on 100+ pounds of grain.
You're missing the point. Before publicly posting that you aren't going to buy grain from an HBT vendor because of high shipping charges, do your homework and figure out how much it would cost YOU to ship that package. Even with the 25 oz of hops and 6 packs of yeast, you were still probably ordering 40+ lbs of grain to get the total up to $137. That's expensive to ship!

Their shipping policy is pretty clear:

love2brew Free Shipping:

Free shipping is our little way of saying "thank you" for your business; we know we had to earn it and genuinelly appreciate it. Most items qualifiy for free shipping; make sure to look for the picture alongside certain items and once your total reaches over $75 the shipping is on us! Free shipping applies to the contential US only. (Sorry Alaska and Hawaii, we love you too but we'd lose our shirts shipping to you for free! Give us a call or an email, we'll be sure to throw some goods in for our non-contential US buddies!)
Items that don't qualify for free shipping are often items that are mostly either too large/heavy and priced too low for us to not lose money on shipping for free. We love our customers; part of that love is building a sustainable and reliable business model that they may count on for years to come.
Citra / Cascade IPA Test Batch #1
PLANNED
Imperial Red Ale

Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #45
eobie
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing View Post
Im sorry to say other than the hops I cant find elsewhere I will not be ordering grains with you guys. I was about to checkout and process my order and it said it would be a $70+ shipping on a $130 order. The "orders over $75 ship free" isnt exactly what it claims.
Pompous? No. How about being realistic. So exactly how much grain did you attempt to buy?

From Love2Brew in another thread..

Quote:
50 lb sacks of grains cannot be shipped for free. Unfortuantely due to our aggressive pricing if we ship those for free we lose money. One potential way is to "trick" our system by order 5 10lb sacks. That is usually enough to make it worth it on our end. If we can't do it we'll call you.

We try our best to honor every order but shipping a 50lb. sack of grain from NJ to Cali is $50+ and a sack of 2-row is $50.99 so... I'm sure you guys understand

Thanks for all the positive feedback. We've had a crazy day fulfilling orders; I can't promise these will be in stock much longer.

If you haven't already please checkout/like our facebook & twitter. We do a lot of exclusive sales and releases there. We're also the only National distributor who carries the coveted East Coast Yeasts.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #46
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

As I said... I appreciate their stock and I AM BUYING some of my supplies from them to support a HBT vendor. But sorry I cant afford a $70 increase in shipping cost for making bulk orders. The internet bullying isnt necessary.

EAC - 5/2/14

Old 05-16-2012, 03:03 AM   #47
joety

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing
As I said... I appreciate their stock and I AM BUYING some of my supplies from them to support a HBT vendor. But sorry I cant afford a $70 increase in shipping cost for making bulk orders. The internet bullying isnt necessary.
It's not bullying. I'm sure you didn't mean to come off like you were trying to cheat the system but many of us know there is no way to make money selling bulk grain on the Internet unless you charge actual shipping. Local HBS or group buys on a pallet are the only way to go.

Secondaries - Sunday Night Hoppy Pale Ale
Lagering in Kegs - None

Kegged: American Wheat/Rye, Nut Brown Ale, Munich Helles, Belgian Stout, Resurrection Milk Stout, Bourbon County Stout, BLC
Bottled: Oaked Bourbon Porter
Planned: Baltic Porter

Old 05-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #48
Love2BrewCrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Hey everyone, after reading this thread we just wanted to give some slight input.

First and foremost thanks so much to those of you defending our position; hearing this type of support really makes it all worth it.

@KeyWestBrewing: Thanks for your purchases; we genuinely appreciate it so don't stress the grains. UPS is UPS and we cannot control it, if it's too much I am sure there is a LHBS you may support! The one thing I will say is that our free shipping is what it says it is as per our page definition posted above. We are committed to providing the best service in the industry and will continue to do so. In the future if you have any questions or comments please feel free to reach out to us directly: 1.888.654.5511 or you may email us (support@love2brew.com). Thanks!

On a side note expect to see a full selection of Blichmann products up on the website sometime in the next week. We're an official re-seller and have been working hard and getting everything ready for the web!

www.love2brew.com
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Quick Reply