Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > New Product! Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #301
CoolBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikobrew View Post
So to clarify, a Fermwrap can be safely attached directly to the inside of the cooler? My thought is if you can cram multiple fermenters in there and put your temp controller's probe in a thermowell in one of them, and have the Fermwrap attached to the wall of the cooler, as close to the middle of the fermenters as possible, it should regulate the temps of both beers pretty well. Yeah I know the temp of the beer without the probe will not be dialed in 100%, but it would be better than leaving it a swinging room-temp out of the cooler. I am about to place my order of either one or two of these. I'm very excited to stop putting carboys in the bath rub. I'm also not interested in building a fermentation chamber, and this one is portable! Awesome.

Thanks! That is a great idea!

In our testing we did not have any issues with the 40 Watt Fermwrap directly touching the cooler.

I am excited to hear how it works for you with multiple fermenters!

I should add however we have not tested with a brewbelt or heating pad yet so I would not recommend using a brew belt or heating pad yet. I will be sure share once we complete testing with other heating elements.

Cheers,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #302
jkingery79
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just ordered one. Looking forward to e day it arrives so I can brew up my DIPA.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #303
Nikobrew
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Just ordered two

Hops and other goodies for sale! Flat rate $5 shipping store wide! So go ahead, throw in some more hops.. Why not? :P

http:/www.NikoBrew.com

"Samsonite, I was WAY off!" -- Lloyd Christmas

CoolBrewing Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 01:13 AM   #304
asidrane
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBrewing

Thanks! That is a great idea!

In our testing we did not have any issues with the 40 Watt Fermwrap directly touching the cooler.

I am excited to hear how it works for you with multiple fermenters!

I should add however we have not tested with a brewbelt or heating pad yet so I would not recommend using a brew belt or heating pad yet. I will be sure share once we complete testing with other heating elements.

Cheers,
I put a drugstore heating pad on between a carboy and a brew hauler inside a fermentation chamber for two weeks while fermenting a Saison and it worked without issue.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #305
Bradinator
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Love this thing so far.

This weekend I brewed up a Schwarzbeir which I am attempting to pull off a lager with in my Cool Brewing bag. On day two and my wort is still around 50F and the ambient is about 52F. Fermentation is only just starting to take hold now so I am thinking I may need to swap out the ice more frequently to keep its temperature stable.

"There is only two ways do to something; The smart way or the hard way."

"Beer is pretty resilient stuff, its resistant to human stupidity"

Bradinator's Brews

CoolBrewing Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #306
BrewhahaO_o
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just ordered one. Excited to brew my amber.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #307
Bradinator
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The lagering is done and went well, though I think if I had used more ice bottles it would have kept the temperature closer to where I wanted it. The ambient outside temperatures is 65F and I was able to keep the ambient in the bag to 52-54F by switching 4x 500ml bottles out every 12 hours. I think if I made it 6 bottles I could have had it at 50F like I wanted. All-in-all it wasn't hard to do, though during summertime I would probably need 8+ bottles of frozen water to keep it that low.

My major gripe about this bag is, like many others have stated, that the lid caves down on top of the airbung knocking it over. Not a huge deal and easily remedied with a bit of effort. I am going to build a mesh frame next time to put into the bag to keep it more stable.

"There is only two ways do to something; The smart way or the hard way."

"Beer is pretty resilient stuff, its resistant to human stupidity"

Bradinator's Brews

Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #308
alestateyall
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradinator
The lagering is done and went well, though I think if I had used more ice bottles it would have kept the temperature closer to where I wanted it. The ambient outside temperatures is 65F and I was able to keep the ambient in the bag to 52-54F by switching 4x 500ml bottles out every 12 hours. I think if I made it 6 bottles I could have had it at 50F like I wanted. All-in-all it wasn't hard to do, though during summertime I would probably need 8+ bottles of frozen water to keep it that low.

My major gripe about this bag is, like many others have stated, that the lid caves down on top of the airbung knocking it over. Not a huge deal and easily remedied with a bit of effort. I am going to build a mesh frame next time to put into the bag to keep it more stable.
I switched from the s-type bubbler to a 3 piece air lock. The 3 piece type are much sturdier. No need for anything to hold up the bag anymore. The airlock easily handles the load.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #309
dm1217
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 13

For those of us more interested in smaller batch brewing, maybe you can consider adding a smaller version. I don't need/want anything that's big enough to fit two 5-gallon carboys.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #310
CoolBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1217 View Post
For those of us more interested in smaller batch brewing, maybe you can consider adding a smaller version. I don't need/want anything that's big enough to fit two 5-gallon carboys.
Hi,

We are working on a size just right for 1 and 3 gallon brewers! I will be sure to let you know once we have them ready.

Cheers,
dm1217 Likes This 

Quick Reply