Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > New Product! Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #191
libeerty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 42

This product does not really advertise that it could work for lagering, but I am going to give it a shot. My apartment is at about 65F, so I think I can get my lager down to the 50F I am looking for. Will let you all know how it works out..

Tried to keep up with this signature, but just couldn't.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #192
chask31
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asidrane View Post
Do you think I could use this with a kegging setup? I imagine that kegged beer should be easier to cool than fermenting beer.

On a different note, I put my saison with a heating pad in the chamber last night and this morning I could see that the yeast activity had ramped up quite a bit.
Sounds like a good idea to pre-chill a keg when you know the keg in the kegerator will be kicked in a day or two. I always hate having to wait to taste a new keg until the next day!

Well, I am definitely ordering this. I live in a small apt in NY and I stick to saisons and belgian golden strong in the summers. Now, I dont have to!!

Tap #1: Cucumber Honey Wheat Ale
Tap #2: Rye Ale
Primary #1: empty
Primary #2: empty
On Deck: Wit

Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #193
DeuceDog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Tried out the cooler for the first time yesterday, and wasn't disappointed. Using 3 frozen 2 litre bottles, I brought the temperature down to 58F from 69F in 12 hours. Good thing I'm using notty yeast, because i didn't expect that much of a temp drop in that short of time.

Super simple, super effective, and super easy. Highly recommended.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #194
Czm
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Ordered one. Can't wait to try out for this weekends brew.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #195
libeerty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I am having tremendous success keeping my lager at a steady 50/52 (I use adhesive temp strips, so probably 51. Ambient temperature ~70) I froze five 3 liter Poland Spring bottles, put four in, and each morning and afternoon I replace a watery one with a frozen one. It is fermenting away, and I couldn't be happier. This product should definitely advertise the fact it can be used to cool down to lager temps, as that would be a big selling point for folks.

Tried to keep up with this signature, but just couldn't.

CoolBrewing Likes This 
Old 08-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #196
DeuceDog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by libeerty View Post
I am having tremendous success keeping my lager at a steady 50/52 (I use adhesive temp strips, so probably 51. Ambient temperature ~70) I froze five 3 liter Poland Spring bottles, put four in, and each morning and afternoon I replace a watery one with a frozen one. It is fermenting away, and I couldn't be happier. This product should definitely advertise the fact it can be used to cool down to lager temps, as that would be a big selling point for folks.
Nice! I just may have to try making my first lager!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #197
littlelord
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in a small NYC apartment and don't have room for a fermentation chamber... i was so excited by this thread that I rushed out and ordered one before looking at the dimensions. Just received my cooler yesterday... fast shipping. Haven't used it yet but it looks like a quality product. Only thing is... this thing is HUGE! Seriously though they should make a smaller version for those of us that ferment in 3 gallon carboys. Anyway, I can't wait to use this thing....

Old 08-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #198
CoolBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by libeerty View Post
Thank you for the feedback! Cheers to lagers!

Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #199
Beer-lord
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have posted in this thread a number of times about how pleased I am with this cooler 'bag'. I even bought a second one to get me thru the summer.
However, I have even more proof that my money was extremely well spent.......
I live just outside of New Orleans (Metairie) a suburb and as some may know, we were lucky enough, almost exactly 7 years to the day to have another troubling hurricane that was supposed to be an easy one (I've been thru dozens in my life) but this one dumped lots of rain but worse, knocked out much more power than most so called 'small' storms. My power went out Tuesday night at 9:15 and I just got it restored on Sunday, at 11:30 am. Almost 5 full days without power. I have a generator that I used for my two refrigerators, my kegerator (priorities man!) and an over the air tv and a small fan to watch my sweat move around my body.

I had brewed a batch of Breakwater Pale Ale 2 weeks ago and it was too early when power went out to keg it. So, since my generator kept my freezers frozen, I kept changing the frozen bottles out as normal. Yesterday the temperature in my house hit 85 at 5pm and only went down to 84 at 6 am. This little bag kept my beer at 68 degrees. It's been keeping it at 64 but I could have added more frozen packs to keep it at 64 for 68 worked fine for me.
Without this bag, I would have ditched the beer or had to work much harder with a swamp cooler and a mess. Something I didn't have time for or want to do when I already had enough on my mind. I didn't need convincing, but anyone thinking about this and sitting on the fence is just wasting time. This product will always have my seal of approval!

People Like This 
Old 09-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #200
johnfrankl
Recipes 

Im ordering one now! BUT I also hope you make a smaller version for 3 gallon carboys, etc.

Thanks!

Quick Reply