Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > New Product! Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #171
DonTX
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Mine arrived over the weekend. Haven't used it yet, but after reading about the sagging bag, I got an idea. Cost me all of about $3 and 30 minutes of my time (now that I have the dimensions, it can probably be made in about 5-10 minutes). I wanted something a bit more sturdy than just a cut off soda bottle.

I bought 10' of 1/2" inch PVC and 6 elbow joints. Cut four 13" pieces and two 23" pieces. You could just as easily do a square around your carboy, but I was trying to do it with fewer materials, so the triangle worked. You could also reduce the shorter a pieces a bit and still get the same results (I'll probably end up doing this).

Looking forward to using it for the first time this week. I just had to dump a 5 gal bunch because my temps got too high.

imag2594.jpg   imag2593.jpg   imag2592.jpg  
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #172
Beer-lord
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Nice idea but I'm not put off by the tilting bag at all. And, you can use a plastic cup on top of a pail fermenter if you use one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #173
alestateyall
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTX View Post
Mine arrived over the weekend. Haven't used it yet, but after reading about the sagging bag, I got an idea. Cost me all of about $3 and 30 minutes of my time (now that I have the dimensions, it can probably be made in about 5-10 minutes). I wanted something a bit more sturdy than just a cut off soda bottle.

I bought 10' of 1/2" inch PVC and 6 elbow joints. Cut four 13" pieces and two 23" pieces. You could just as easily do a square around your carboy, but I was trying to do it with fewer materials, so the triangle worked. You could also reduce the shorter a pieces a bit and still get the same results (I'll probably end up doing this).

Looking forward to using it for the first time this week. I just had to dump a 5 gal bunch because my temps got too high.
Great idea! I bet if you had the dimensions of the PVC pipes when you went to home depot or lowe's they would cut the PVC for you. Then putting it together would take only a few minutes.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #174
CoolBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22lude View Post
Any word on these tests? I would like to know as well. I have big temp swings from winter to summer where I live so I need a product that can keep the beer cold in the summer and warm in the winter.
Hi, So far the Fermwrap heater is working great with our Cool Brewing Cooler! With my current testing the Fermwrap alone is rising the wort temperature around 20 degrees over the room temperature. When placed in the Cool Brewing Cooler with the Fermwrap it is rising the wort temperature a consistent 40 degrees over the room temperature. The cooler seems to be holding up great so far to the heat! I will follow up in another 2 weeks just to make sure it holds up well to long term heat.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #175
jholen
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBrewing View Post
Hi, So far the Fermwrap heater is working great with our Cool Brewing Cooler! With my current testing the Fermwrap alone is rising the wort temperature around 20 degrees over the room temperature. When placed in the Cool Brewing Cooler with the Fermwrap it is rising the wort temperature a consistent 40 degrees over the room temperature. The cooler seems to be holding up great so far to the heat! I will follow up in another 2 weeks just to make sure it holds up well to long term heat.
This is pretty cool.

You might see two 10gal rubbermaid coolers hit the HBT classifieds coupled with an order for two of your coolers!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #176
TheSmithsEra
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I just got one in the mail I cannot wait to try it out!!!! So cool!

Violence … is the last refuge of the incompetent

Primary: Empty.....For the moment...

Bottled: Williams Brewing Honey Wheat

Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #177
EvilDeadAsh
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just ordered one. I discovered this past weekend that I suck at building things with insulation foam. This is what I managed to come up with trying to build my SoF:

Excited to use this instead, should be much easier, and less of a headache

Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #178
pecochran
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Used my cooler on my current batch. I've just been using a few of those cold packs and am easily keeping temps down where I want them.

On top of that, I ordered another one today, and I had a tracking number from UPS in about two hours. Great product and great service.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:38 AM   #179
TheSmithsEra
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecochran
Used my cooler on my current batch. I've just been using a few of those cold packs and am easily keeping temps down where I want them.

On top of that, I ordered another one today, and I had a tracking number from UPS in about two hours. Great product and great service.
I can't wait to use mine. Have to agree about the great service!

Violence … is the last refuge of the incompetent

Primary: Empty.....For the moment...

Bottled: Williams Brewing Honey Wheat

CoolBrewing Likes This 
Old 08-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #180
CoolBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecochran View Post

Thanks for the feedback! We pride our self on shipping as quickly as possible and providing best customer service we can!

Quick Reply