Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Sponsor Showcase > Sponsor Showcase > New Product! Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #101
Securitized
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

My Cool Brewing is working great! I have a Brewers Best American Pale Ale in it now. I am using 2 frozen 2-liter bottles and it’s keeping my wort pretty consistent at around 62-64 degrees with an outside temp around 78 degrees. I am only needing to change out the frozen bottles about every 1-2 days.
Another positive is my GF is no longer complaning about taking over the bathtub in our condo with a swamp cooler! I just have this in the closet. Also I like how it folds down when I’m not using. Overall I am very happy with it!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #102
alestateyall
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Securitized
My Cool Brewing is working great! I have a Brewers Best American Pale Ale in it now. I am using 2 frozen 2-liter bottles and it’s keeping my wort pretty consistent at around 62-64 degrees with an outside temp around 78 degrees. I am only needing to change out the frozen bottles about every 1-2 days.
Another positive is my GF is no longer complaning about taking over the bathtub in our condo with a swamp cooler! I just have this in the closet. Also I like how it folds down when I’m not using. Overall I am very happy with it!
Perfect. This is what I am hoping for. Mine arrived yesterday.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #103
kaiser423
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Damn it. I gave in and ordered one

I figured that if I could buy a beerbuckle for my brother in law, I could at least get one of these for myself. This is at least useful; I can now make light beer in the summer

Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #104
PicoBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just got mine this afternoon. It looks like it is big enough to hold three 3 gallon carboys for those who like to do small batches. The cooler does collapse down, but that can be remedied with one of those airflow mesh pop up hampers that can be found at Bed Bath & Beyond for ~$7.

Looking forward to trying this out soon!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #105
downtown3641
Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 41 Posts

Couple of questions:

Have you guys done any testing to see exactly how low you can get the temperatures? I'm wondering if some water and a bunch of frozen bottles could get a carboy down into cold crash range in a 60-62 degree basement.

Also, in the other direction, I'm assuming this will hold up well with heat. I'm thinking this would work well with a ferm-wrap or heating pad to really crank up the heat on a saison.

Kegged: Dusseldorf Altbier, Mild
Up next: Belgian Wheat/Rye, Kolsch

Newsman Likes This 
Old 06-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #106
CoolBrewing
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
Couple of questions:

Have you guys done any testing to see exactly how low you can get the temperatures? I'm wondering if some water and a bunch of frozen bottles could get a carboy down into cold crash range in a 60-62 degree basement.

Also, in the other direction, I'm assuming this will hold up well with heat. I'm thinking this would work well with a ferm-wrap or heating pad to really crank up the heat on a saison.
Hi, Good questions!

1.) You should be able to easily cold crash in a 62 degree basement. This would require about a 20-25 degree drop from the ambient temperature.

Please see these testing results in a 80-85 degree room. There was no problem keeping temps 20-25 degrees colder than the ambient temp.

This was a 5 gallon batch in a 6.5 gallon plastic fermenter. This batch had 2x 2 liters and 2x to 4x 20oz changed every 24 hours. The wort was a little too chilled to begin with so ice was not added until 48 hours on Saturday

2.) We will work on testing with Fermwrap and heating pads and report back!
cool-brew-testing-march-2012.jpg  
Newsman Likes This 
Old 06-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #107
CoolBrewing
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Securitized View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear the GF is happy and your temps are staying cool!

Cheers,

Old 06-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #108
Coff
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 154 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I am very interested Has anyone tried to use one of those Curtec 15 gallon fermenters in this thing?

They are about 20.5x16.5 inches (HxD)

Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #109
Higglesworth
Recipes 

Just put in my order! Can't wait to get the large vessels of water (swamp coolers) out of the utility room...SWMBO is going to be happy happy happy!

Old 06-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #110
zmurda
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

just an update. i brewed a belgian wit yesterday and decided to put it in my carboy that has a thermo strip on it. the ground water is at 79 degrees as i live in houston. put the carboy in the cool brewing and it got the temp down to 72 in 8 hrs. then checked it this morning and it was down to 64 less then 24 hrs after pitching. very happy with this item and its affordability. great job guys.

cool-brewing.jpg   cool-b-2.jpg  

Quick Reply